Author Topic: Suggestions on the best food??  (Read 4562 times)

Offline mcphee

Re: Suggestions on the best food??
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 09:54:25 AM »
Rufus has never been keen on any of the Burns range, and I am clueless as to why, as other dogs seem to love it and thrive on it. He wasn't that keen on JWB. He has been on Harringtons Turkey and Rice for about 18 months, and so far I have no complaints. You can get it in Tescos, Waitrose and Asda. He has just under 100g for breakfast, and half a nature diet pack for tea.

Offline black taz

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 12:47:14 PM »
I feed Taz on Hills Scientific (Pets At Home currently have an offer on trial bags £1.99 for 1kg).  Since putting him on this his behaviour has improved, his weight remained constants, doesnt get wind or sloppy pooes, and his coat looks super.  Will eat it dried or soaked in water.  It is more expensive than stuff like Bakers, but i think it is well worth the extra.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2009, 12:48:59 PM »
I've just changed Brodie from JWB to Burns in an attempt to keep the weight off of her (she's spayed), she's been on it a couple of weeks and I can see a difference already. Her coat has also gone soft and shiny which I'm really pleased at considering it went haywire after she had her girly op ::)

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 01:10:34 PM »
Different foods suit different dogs, a lot do really well on Burns but when I tried Alfie on it the condition just melted off him and he looked terrible; I also think it contains too much rice and is very bland. My lot do really well on Arden Grange but I've also tried Rodaidh on Nutro and found it excellent but I couldn't get a regular enough supply of it. I tried Orijen last year and Tilly was ok on it but Alfie and Rodaidh both lost weight and I was having to feed them huge amounts of it so it was costing a fortune.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline babushka

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2009, 03:50:31 PM »
I've been reading complaints about Nutro which I used to use a few years back. Have a look at this thread

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/nutro.html