Author Topic: I Am A Bit Worried About My Boy  (Read 1405 times)

Offline wendy

• Site Member
    • http://www.luthame.net
I Am A Bit Worried About My Boy
« on: September 06, 2004, 06:32:45 PM »
:(  :( Hi, we have just taken Finley for his 2nd injection about an hour and half ago - I am very worried about him he was sick in the car on the way home (travells in the car ok) and he is very subdued and asleep in his basket - not had his tea.  

Telephone the vets to check this was normal they said that it takes 24 hours to stimulate the vaccine - is this normal???? However my husband who has been looking after him today said he has been a bit irritable - could it have something to do with the weather?  the vets seem to think it might be the upheaval of going to the vets (he did squeal when they did the injection - was fine with the first one), he did seem very layed back at the vets - I am very worried. :(  :(  :(

Has anyone else had an experience like this with injections????
Visit our new website
www.luthame.net

Dogs leave paw prints on your heart

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 06:57:19 PM »
Hi Wendy,

Bailey slept all day after his vaccs I too was worried about him but by the next morning he was back to his old self ;)

Was Finley wormed today too? I have learned over a long time that if I worm the dogs on the same day as their vaccs that they are sick after but if I leave it a couple of days then they are fine with that.  :D

Hope Finley is feeling better soon, give him a little cuddle and kiss from us  :)

Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

ziggy

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 07:00:43 PM »
jasper was the same as a pup,i,m sure he,, be fine in the morning,big kiss to him

ziggy jasper and mabel xxx

Offline wendy

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 07:00:48 PM »
Hi - No he has not been wormed - we got some stuff for him but will do it later in the week - I think my anxiety stems from losing my beloved Benji only 12 weeks ago - to see Finley so subdued has open up some many raw wounds that I am quite upset.  Hopefull tomorrow he will be back to his old self - I am hoping that the experience of being sick in the car does not put him off car travel.
Visit our new website
www.luthame.net

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 07:18:21 PM »
Awwww Wendy I'm sure Finley will be just fine  ;)  I was/am just like you, I lost my beloved Gismo a year before Blue came to us, I swore I would never have another dog as I couldn't bear to go through the pain of losing another, but I did get another (well I got two!! :blink: ) and I fretted so much about losing Blue too and it was all so Unnecessary :( , but it does get better Wendy - honestly :) You learn to remember all the good times you had with your lost one and appreciate the time you have with the much loved dog you have now  ;)

Thinking of you and hoping this helps

Maria. xx
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 07:40:30 PM »
Oh, Wendy  :(   Sorry to hear about poor Finlay - I'm sure he will perk up tomorrow. You just feel so helpless when they are off colour don't you.

Send little Finlay lots of sloppy cocker kisses from cousin Piper in Wigan.

xxxx
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 08:35:10 PM »
Hi

Yes Jazz was the same, She was sick, and very quiet and slept all day. The Vet told me this was perfectly normal, and right enough the rest day she brightened up.

I knows it easy to worry when you don't know whats normal and what isn't.

Try not to worry too much and see how she is tomorrow.

Cathy
CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline wendy

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2004, 09:21:01 PM »
Just thought I would let you all know Finley seems fine now he slept for about three hours then suddenly woke up went running around the house went outside to do his business and then had some tea - I am so relieved  :)  I felt sick with worry - I think seeing him so subdued brought so many memories back when I lost my poor benji.  So tomorrow a new day - will get him sitting in the car again just in case being sick has put him off car journey's

Wendy
Visit our new website
www.luthame.net

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 09:25:13 PM »
Glad Finley is feeling better Wendy  :D  
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline ruth_2_hot

• Site Member
    • http://janandnoel.com
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2004, 09:32:41 PM »
:P really glad finley is feeling better wendy , hun was the same i was worried sick then like finley woke upand ran amok through the house xx big kiss from honey x

ruth & honey  ;)  

ziggy

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2004, 09:55:54 PM »
aww glad the worry is over for you,and finlayis feeling better ;)

ziggy jasper and mabel xxx