Author Topic: Golden Cocker 1 Yr Old Male  (Read 2810 times)

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Golden Cocker 1 Yr Old Male
« on: September 13, 2004, 12:57:29 AM »
Due to join us tomorrow, this lad is a year old and beginning to exert his authority as an adolescent. As a result his mum does not feel confident to keep him around children and has therefore requested he be taken into care.

He is one year old, vaccinated, neutered and will be microchipped.

Golden in colour he would benefit from an experienced spaniel home where they understand the training needs of a potentially stubborn and wilful dog !!

He has growled at children and is not 100% comfortable around men though this will hopefully be overcomeable in the right home.

More details to follow.

Catherine
07812 137177

please contact Catherine directly...or Pm me so I can forward your email address to her

Offline noelleybelley

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 10:38:18 PM »
He sounds cute! However, I have two children (14 & 11) and a man!

We've been looking for another rescue cocker, I think probably a girl, to join ours. Charlie is four and a half, neutered and a failed drugs sniffer dog. I think that makes him a working cocker spaniel - does it? We've had him nearly three years now. We're not fussy about age. Old, fat - we don't mind! (Charlie was grossly overweight when we got him, having been rescued by a housebound lady before us, and now he goes running every night with my husband).
The reason I said a girl is that Charlie seems to ignore 'lady dogs' and rather fancies all the male dogs, which is a bit embarrassing sometimes! :(  Do you think he would be better with a female companion, or would he behave if they lived together all the time? Or is he just trying to dominate all the other dogs!!!
 :rolleyes:  

Offline Beano and Charlies mum

• Site Member
    • http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v60/beanosmum/
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 11:19:05 PM »
Hi Kelly, am so hoping that Catherine can find this guy the kinda home he deserves.  Charlie is just a very stroppy adolescent that needs a firm hand.
And i can say that his mum is absolutely heart broken at her decision to give him up !! But unfortunately other family mambers who live in the house put a lot of pressure on her !

Samxx

Offline spidster

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 11:57:01 PM »
I have offered a home for this boy, im just waiting to hear from cathrine!
Ive been looking for another cocker for ages, I already have a 4 1/2 yr old blue roan called Charlie, and a 1 1/2 yr old Springer called Toby, who was also a stroppy adolecent but is tons better now, as well as a terrier cross called Doogie.
Fingers crossed for me hey!  :)
Emma x

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 01:04:12 AM »
I really hope you get him Emma  :D I thought of you immediately when I saw his details...young cocker, just what you wanted  :D

It's sad the lady who owned him was pressurised Sam  :( I hope if he does go to Emma she can at least keep informed via you, so she knows how he is getting on, it must be a horrible situation for her  :(
You HAVE helped her btw (re: your DP post)...because you directed her to Catherine, and now he will get a good home  :)  

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 08:45:01 AM »
I have offered a home for this boy, im just waiting to hear from cathrine!
Ive been looking for another cocker for ages, I already have a 4 1/2 yr old blue roan called Charlie, and a 1 1/2 yr old Springer called Toby, who was also a stroppy adolecent but is tons better now, as well as a terrier cross called Doogie.
Fingers crossed for me hey!  :)
Emma x
Well i shall have my fingers crossed for you too Emma. Have just spoke to his ex mummy Caz and told her that you have shown an interest in him. She is obviously still very upset, but glad that he hopefully will be in a super home soon. :D  

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 09:10:55 AM »
Good luck Spidster, hope you get him :rolleyes:  
Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 10:15:28 PM »
good luck spinster ive noticed you have been looking for quite a while on dp's but they have all been cockers that dont like other dogs havent they . if it dosent work out i think ive seen a black cocker up . ill find where i found it pm me if you want the details . good luck with getting this little boy :)  
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline Dog Mad

• Site Member
  • Einstein
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 03:18:06 PM »
Any updates on this gorgeous lad yet?

Debbie
Debbie, Einstein & Morgan
RIP Bailey 02/11/2009
RIP Tara 10/05/2007

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 07:39:36 PM »
Charlie went into foster care and apparently one of the fosterers family are giving him a home.