Author Topic: Will Louis Ever  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Louis

• Site Member
Will Louis Ever
« on: October 09, 2004, 12:39:49 PM »
Hi

Just wondered if anyone could tell me if Louis will ever cock his leg, or will he just continue to wee like a girl for the rest of his life :D  :D

Do some dogs just never cock their leg?  He has been neutered, will this make any difference?

Gemma&Louis

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Will Louis Ever
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 12:55:16 PM »
As Louis was neutered before he learned to cock his leg, then it's highly unlikely he will ever cock his leg now. Dogs which are neutered after learning this skill ( :lol:) tend to carry on afterwards.

Jane
Jane

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
Will Louis Ever
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 12:56:54 PM »
I'm interested to here this; at what age will an un-neutered dog begin to cock his leg?
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
Will Louis Ever
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 01:29:08 PM »
I know of a stud dog, who is 2.5 years old & has never cocked his leg  :)

The age that it happens can vary, I have heard of 5 mth old boys doing it  :huh:
My Frankie was around 11 months, I think  :) & he is a Champion "Cocker" now  :lol:  
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Will Louis Ever
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 01:35:04 PM »
Dallas was about 6 months old when he cocked his leg for the first time. I got a few funny looks when I was proudly telling him in my silliest voice that he was a big boy now :ph34r:  Vegas was neutered early and so still squats :rolleyes:

A girl I used to work with had two cockers who were father and son. When the youngest was about 12 weeks and they were out, he saw his daddy cocking his leg and he tried to do it too - only lasted a few seconds before he toppled over :lol:  
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Will Louis Ever
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2004, 02:27:59 PM »

A girl I used to work with had two cockers who were father and son. When the youngest was about 12 weeks and they were out, he saw his daddy cocking his leg and he tried to do it too - only lasted a few seconds before he toppled over :lol:
oops!!!    :lol:  
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Will Louis Ever
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 05:02:52 PM »
Our Arran was well over 2 before he cocked his leg (long after he had been used at stud successfully). He's been making up for lost time ever since though :lol:

Jane
Jane

Offline Louis

• Site Member
Will Louis Ever
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 06:01:37 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up everyone.

Ah well poor Louis, weeing like a girl, never even had the chance to try cocking his leg either :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  But being neutered certainly doesn,t stop him from trying it on with myself and my husband :angry:
A free arm or leg and he is there trying to mount it.  Seems to be around the same time every night :D  :D . Never feels like it any other time <_<  Very strange! Will he eventually grow out of this?

Gemma&Louis

Offline Nat

• Site Member
    • http://www.crazycockers.homestead.com
Will Louis Ever
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 07:23:48 PM »
Ahh but what about a girl that has started to "cock her leg"  :lol:   Over the last 6 months, India has started to half crouch and half cock her leg, and she pee's everytime she smells something when out for walks, is this normal for girlies  <_<  
Nat

Simbarra Cocker Spaniels
www.crazycockers.homestead.com

Offline Luvly

• Site Member
Will Louis Ever
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 10:41:55 PM »
 :D
Nikkoletta + Wunderschöne Welpen Lindos demais

Offline padfoot

• Site Member
Will Louis Ever
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2004, 09:38:49 AM »
Toby doesn't cock his leg (he was neteured at 7 mths). Ollie will be neutered in 2 mths time too so I doubt he will either.
People always call Toby "she"..and weeing like a girl doesn't really help matters  :lol:  

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Will Louis Ever
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2004, 09:50:12 AM »
Ahh but what about a girl that has started to "cock her leg"  :lol:   Over the last 6 months, India has started to half crouch and half cock her leg, and she pee's everytime she smells something when out for walks, is this normal for girlies  <_<
 I had a little x cairn Yorkie that always cocked her leg molehills and crisp packets  were her favourites, she must have pee'd at least fifteen times  (or tried too ) on one of her walks  :lol:

edited to say..woo woo! once pee'd on an army cadet, that was on exercise in the woods at the back of our house, he was lying flat covered in leaves   you should have seen the look on his face,   :blink:    i ran indoors and pretended she wasn't with me.  :ph34r:
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
Will Louis Ever
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2004, 01:24:04 PM »
Snap as regards the girlie cocking her leg  :rolleyes: , my four year old cocker Lottie started doing it about a year ago  :rolleyes: . My collie Sammy was neutured at 6 months and started trying to cock his leg at a year old, he would over stretch his leg and end up falling over, the look on his face was one of shock  :lol:  .  
Cayley.

Offline Toohey

• Site Member
Will Louis Ever
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »
My boy was neutered at 6 months and started cocking his leg at around 12-13 months. I occasionally catch him squatting in the backyard when he thinks no-one is looking, but he is very much a leg cocker cocker, and not a humping cocker at all.

Doesn't even know what sex is, despite living with an entire floosie girl who pesters him for it every 7-8 months. Not at all interested :D

My girl will often lift one leg when marking, I thought she picked this up from watching him until I saw other girls doing it at the park.

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Will Louis Ever
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2004, 08:07:21 PM »
My Sasha never cocked her leg but she constantly wee'd when we were out...every smell, every blade of grass....even when she had no wee left she'd try and go!!! She was very dominant though so I guess she was scent marking like any male dog.  :lol:  
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.