Author Topic: Honeys First Season?  (Read 838 times)

Offline ruth_2_hot

• Site Member
    • http://janandnoel.com
Honeys First Season?
« on: October 29, 2004, 09:41:23 PM »
:unsure: not sure really but , think Honeys season might have started , she always comes upstairs for a cuddle in a morning yesterday i noticed some spots of blood on the quilt cover where she had been lying , not seen any other evidence she seems to be a bit snappy at the mo and doesnt want to be brushed and messed about with , she sat growling last night when i was trying to put her thornit in her ears does this sound as though it is her season , i have kept her on her lead when we have gone out , a couple of dogs have shown an interest but ive not let them get anywhere near her  :blink:  

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Honeys First Season?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 10:00:12 PM »
Ruth,

Sound like it to me but as Abby is only just having her first I am no expert :D dab her bits with a bit of tissues and see what that looks like also they should look a little larger than normal, huge as she gets further into her season.

Hey we can compare notes on the crabby pmt bit :D Abby has just piddled on my bed  :rolleyes: and I am sure it is because she wanted to stay snuggled on the sofa and I wanted to get up and come on the PC.

Michelle

Offline ruth_2_hot

• Site Member
Honeys First Season?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 10:29:50 PM »
:lol: hi michelle cant say i have found any other signs apart from her being a bloody pain tonight ,she doesnt want to go to bed wants to get into mine noo way i like my sleep to much is abbey still as crabby ? luv ruth and atttila the HUN xx :ph34r:  

Offline ruth_2_hot

• Site Member
Honeys First Season?
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 10:31:23 PM »
:blink: soz Abby spelt your name wrong opps  ;)  

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Honeys First Season?
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 07:09:32 PM »
Yes Ruth Abby is still Crabby :D but Billy has decided to give as good as he gets :rolleyes: and we had handbags over a chewstick before.

But on a good note her puppy fluff is flying out and being replaced with a lovely silky coat not sure if that will last though :rolleyes:

Hope Hun is feeling more herself soon.

Michelle

Sue H

Honeys First Season?
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 11:17:04 PM »
If you are worried about whether she is actually in season or not, your Vet can do a test - some dogs have fluctuating hormones, which mean that they can start a season and then stop again, only to kick off again soon after.  If you want to get her spayed, or find out if she is sexually mature, let your Vet check her hormones.

I didn't get Barley spayed, and I wish I had now - she has had several mammary cysts, and ultimately a complete strip down one side, but my Vet feels that her time is probably finite as they may have metastasised - earlier in her life, I just didn't want to put her through an Op if it wasn't necessary, and the other risks weren't fully taken on board then ....