Author Topic: What Are They?  (Read 739 times)

Offline Curtisio

• Site Member
What Are They?
« on: November 08, 2004, 01:36:55 PM »
Kyro is now 5 1/2 months old and his testicles are not decended, I'm not too worried at the mo because we know his cousins testicles did not drop until he was two years.

When Kyro is playful (ie, not relaxed) there are two testicle shaped lumps appear, in the right place near the penis. Then when he calms down a bit they dissapear.

My question is. Are these his testicles or some other bodily part? and, is this the way testicles decend, slowly, or do they just appear one day as if out of nowhere?
Paul - Kyro - Daisy & Cookie (cats)

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
What Are They?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 02:48:56 PM »
I've just read a similar post on another forum & apparently, the 2 "lumps" which appear when he is excited are designed to "hold" the bitch if they were mating.  Now don't ask me how this works, but those lumps are still present even in a castrated dog.

Hope that helps  :)  

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
What Are They?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 04:53:51 PM »
Cindere is right - the bulbous lumps aren't the testes - the posh term for this part of the canine anatomy is the bulbus glandis. The testes are normally found in the scrotum. If you have a feel about at the back of the abdomen between the hind legs, you'll find a small pouch which is the scrotum. Generally, testicles won't appear from nowhere - if they are on the way down, you should be able to locate them further up if you gently delve around when your dog is completely relaxed (yes I know, easier said than done :lol:)

Jane
Jane