Author Topic: Will my grass recover!  (Read 3287 times)

Offline Sav

Re: Will my grass recover!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 07:54:37 PM »
So the general consensus is - tough!! Bought Dog Rocks but they dont seem to be helping!  Any other ideas....will keep the cider vinegar stored and by when next at asda/tesco

I tried Cider Vinegar, The dogs wouldn't drink the water with it in, even tho it was just a teaspoon in a big owl  :shades:

Have you tried using a different bird?!  :005:

:005:   Bowl Sav

My Bs not working on my keyboard unless I give a thump  :shades:

Mine does that sometimes, it's a right astard.
Just me & my two boys, Jakey & Lenny, the Patterdale Terrier.

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 07:56:30 PM »
So the general consensus is - tough!! Bought Dog Rocks but they dont seem to be helping!  Any other ideas....will keep the cider vinegar stored and by when next at asda/tesco

I tried Cider Vinegar, The dogs wouldn't drink the water with it in, even tho it was just a teaspoon in a big owl  :shades:

Have you tried using a different bird?!  :005:

:005:   Bowl Sav

My Bs not working on my keyboard unless I give a thump  :shades:

Mine does that sometimes, it's a right arstard.

:rofl1: :rofl1:  :rofl1:
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline fizzyntiffy

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 08:13:51 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1:  wot chew like sav  :rofl1:

Edit : ooops sorry.  I've tried tomato sauce in food (doggie says yum), and the 'flood the area they wee with a watering can' - hasn't worked.  Hastily edited.

Offline Sav

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 08:52:34 PM »
:rofl1: :rofl1:  wot chew like sav  :rofl1:

Edit : ooops sorry.  I've tried tomato sauce in food (doggie says yum), and the 'flood the area they wee with a watering can' - hasn't worked.  Hastily edited.
Hee hee!  >:D :005:

Just me & my two boys, Jakey & Lenny, the Patterdale Terrier.

Offline seaangler

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 10:37:30 PM »
There was a stand at crufts last week that was selling stuff to put your lawns wright for dogs that burnt your grass...Did not take much notice as i have artificial grass on one part of my garden for the dogs to do there Wees and Phoos on(just swill it off)...The rest is marly block....Perhaps some one else seen it and knows who to contact for you...Chris

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline silly milly

• Donator
  • silly milly
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 07:41:31 AM »
we have found that dog rocks works for us.          they share a water bowl and we put new dog rocks in every 5 weeks.

the improvment is great.  we have no burn marks at all!

however....bianca kicks up clumps of grass every time she wees - so we might not have burn marks, but we have clumps missing all over, and she brings the bits of grass and soil into the house!

ps - i now buy my dog rocks from a guy off e-bay at much less than the pet shops or direct from dog rocks themselves.
with lots of love from silly milly and her mum!!!!

Offline Mez

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2010, 11:32:06 AM »
Re: apple cider vinegar (acv), the stuff sold in supermarkets is human grade very refined & the stuff sold for horses in equine supply places is what you should be using but as mentioned animals can be often be put off by the smell/taste of it once added to drinking water.
Amongst other benefits it is also claimed to lower gut PH levels making the gut uninhabitable to some internal parasites.

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2010, 12:32:17 PM »
I find not letting the dogs pee on the grass a great help ;)  They're only allowed to go on the gravel which is sectioned off for them.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love