Author Topic: Dumb-ble Bee  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
Re: Dumb-ble Bee
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 10:49:47 AM »
If a dog is stung,what dosage of Piriton should be given  :huh:
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »
If a dog is stung,what dosage of Piriton should be given  :huh:

I give a childs dose - have a bottle at home so give him a tsp of that.  Have the pills in the car in case we ever need them for him or us  :D
helen & jarvis x

Offline Chocolatecoco

• My chocolate baby
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 11:13:39 AM »
hi

Can you all bring your wasp and bumble bee catching cockers to my house please, My severely autistic son is petrified of these creatures to the point i have had to grab hold of him to stop him running in front of a car when one came near him, We are now using an anti bug spray but i think a bunch of cockers would be much more appreciated  :005:

cheers amanda

My coco girly

Offline Frugal Mule

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 12:53:39 PM »
hi

Can you all bring your wasp and bumble bee catching cockers to my house please, My severely autistic son is petrified of these creatures to the point i have had to grab hold of him to stop him running in front of a car when one came near him, We are now using an anti bug spray but i think a bunch of cockers would be much more appreciated  :005:

cheers amanda

Sweep's on his way over to you now. He's got his bumble bee costume on and a packet of piriton in his furry pockets  :lol2:

Offline Chocolatecoco

• My chocolate baby
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 04:42:32 PM »
Bless that would be so cute to see him in his bumble bee outfit :luv:

My coco girly

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 07:41:28 PM »
hi

cheers amanda

How awful for your son, I hate the things too!  Infact I hate all beasties.  Livercake, I've never seen liquid piriton before, is it available at chemists?
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 07:55:07 PM »

How awful for your son, I hate the things too!  Infact I hate all beasties.  Livercake, I've never seen liquid piriton before, is it available at chemists?

yes it is  ;)
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Chocolatecoco

• My chocolate baby
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 09:57:29 PM »
Yes it is awful, This summer will be one of fear and trying to relieve that fear for him, bugs sprays and hats and long sleeve shirts.The sad thing is he loves playing sports so i can see this summer a withdrawal of these. The cockers have been great for him as well, Yes liquid piriton is in the chemist here too.

My coco girly

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 08:59:33 PM »
I dread seeing Bees in the garden, Bella got stung in the mouth once and went into shock, she collapsed in the kitchen and it was very very scary, we had to rush her to the emergency vets where she spent the afternoon on a drip.
It cost £300 and over 2 weeks for her to be back to her normal self. I thought I was going to lose her.
Its not stopped her from chasing bees though the stupid pup, however the vets thought it was the pain of the sting that put her into shock rather than and allergic reaction but it still worries me greatly.  >:(

Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 09:19:34 PM »
Harvey was prescribed the some dose as adult piriton in tablet form when he decided to eat a bee!! I haven't uploaded the pics of that incident last year but he did look like Mike Tyson after 10 rounds! That said, he no longer chases bees!

Offline Frugal Mule

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 02:25:43 AM »
I dread seeing Bees in the garden, Bella got stung in the mouth once and went into shock, she collapsed in the kitchen and it was very very scary, we had to rush her to the emergency vets where she spent the afternoon on a drip.
It cost £300 and over 2 weeks for her to be back to her normal self. I thought I was going to lose her.
Its not stopped her from chasing bees though the stupid pup, however the vets thought it was the pain of the sting that put her into shock rather than and allergic reaction but it still worries me greatly.  >:(

Oh my God, now I'm worried! I can't see a way to stop him doing it though, other than pulling him away when I catch him at it. Trouble is, I can't be watching him constantly when he's in the garden, it's just not practical...?