Author Topic: Dap  (Read 785 times)

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Dap
« on: November 15, 2004, 02:48:54 PM »
I know it's already been discussed, but can anyone help me.
Any information please, much appreciated.

Would my Cleo be a suitable candidate, she seems a bit withdrawn and subdued, has done for a couple of months now. She seems to like her own company at the minute, and we usually find her under the bed, with a load of toys, socks etc.

She spends some time with us all, but then goes off on her own again. She'll come down and love us for a few minutes, then disappear again.

She doesn't seem stressed, but sometimes she seems a bit 'deep' and concerned. I can't decide if it is as a result of getting her spayed.

When we're all out walking she's her same old self, but doesn't wander as far from us as she used to.

Anything to make her more relaxed and happy.
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline Louie

• Limited Member
    • http://www.dreamistcockerspaniels.co.uk
Dap
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 04:31:48 PM »
Hi, it could be just a hormonal thing with her getting spayed  <_<  It wouldn,t do any harm to try a Dap. Females moods do seem to be controlled by hormones quit alot ( in my case anyway  :rolleyes: )

Offline cbabe

• Site Member
    • home of the Fernlow band of cockers!!!
Dap
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 04:57:31 PM »
Fern is a bit of a loner and happy in her own space - although she is never very far away from me. She happily sits on her own chair away from us, but always has one eye on what  we are doing! She has not been spayed - but as she has got  older so she has liked her own space more - so it could be a hormonal thing!
Clare
Fern (HRH) and Willow (lolo)
Bryony, Gypsi, Thorn and Rocky

Sorry if my Post offends you, my cocker spaniel has learnt to type and i can not be held responsible for her attitude problem!

Offline PennyB

Dap
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 05:35:09 PM »
Ruby got like this as she got older. She often sits ands looks thoughtful and far away sometimes, but you have to remember cockers can look sad quite easily and thus make us feel guilty.

She's also spayed but I don't think in her case that was the reason as she was never a cuddly pup in the same way Wilf was, and still is. She comes and has a cuddle in her own time and has always been a little more independent. She doesn't hide away though. In a way its quite good as it was hard work whe Rocky was here as he always wanted a cuddle like Wilf does and there just wasn't enough room and they were forever squabbling. Ruby and Wilf complement each other quite well as I get enough cuddles but am not smothered.

Shes really loving but in her own way I guess and eager to please with everything else
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Sue H

Dap
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 07:40:09 PM »
Dear Karen,

Sorry - I haven't followed the thread, but is Cleo an only dog ??

Bramble had/has Barley as a companion but still used to go off under the bed and find his own space - it has only really been during the last few months that he has started to be a 'lap dog' and highly trained bed dog !!.  Sometimes they are independent little souls and need to find their own place in the home ...

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Dap
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 07:25:40 AM »
We have 3. Cleo and Livvy are litter sisters, and Alfie is Cleos son. Alfie had gone to a new family when he was about 4 months old. He wasn't being looked after properly, so we sort of kidnapped him back and returned their money on July 4th this year. The girls were spayed in August.  They all get on well, Livvy loves Alfie, but Livvy loves everyone and everything. Cleo mothers him (when she's about). They all eat together and play together and excersise together. Livvy sleeps on the bed, Cleo sleeps under the bed and Alfie just sleeps where he feels like it that night! They all just get on really well. So her behaviour is baffling. :o  

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Dap
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 07:28:11 AM »
I have ordered a DAP diffuser anyway. If it doesn't do any good, fair enough, but at least it wont do them any harm.