Author Topic: Orange roan puppy  (Read 2461 times)

Offline sarahbe

Orange roan puppy
« on: April 25, 2010, 06:03:34 PM »
I'm looking for a new pupster and have got the chance of a pupster from a realy good kennel- just can't make my mind up about the colour. I have also been told thar roans can be noisy- is ther a difference between roans and solids?

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Re: Orange roan puppy
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 06:08:39 PM »
No there's no difference between solids and partis when it comes to temperament/behaviour, it is more down to the individual dog than it's colour :D. I would love an orange roan, good luck if you have found your pup!

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Ian B

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 06:09:28 PM »
We have two quiet blue roans  :angel: and one very noisy solid black. >:(
Misty, Cooper.
(George, Jarvis & Dale at the Bridge)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 06:21:37 PM »
I have a quiet orange roan and a noisy blue roan and tan. In the past I had a quiet black and a noisy golden :lol2:

Offline jennyspin

• Site Member
  • my gorgeous Boyd & Jitka at Master Groom 2012
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 06:31:53 PM »
we have a noisy red and a very noisy black and white, our blacks and light blue roan are a joy ( most of the time!) Lol x
Sandlauga cockers
Never assume anything...except an occasional air of intelligence! The Sheriff to Guy of Gisbourne (Richard Carpenter, Robin or Sherwood, Rip 27/02/2012, a writing talent who will be missed).

Offline sarahbe

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 06:47:50 PM »
Am going to phone the breeder and go and look at her. I have just spoken to another breeder who has told me that if I have got the chance of getting a puppy from the breeder who has got the pup I am very lucky!  ph34r

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 06:50:25 PM »
ORs are gorgeous  :luv: Good luck; can't wait to see pics of pup

Offline Laralou

• Beautiful Bella
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 06:58:17 PM »
Our little darling Bella is an orange roan and she is calmer and quieter than we ever imagined ! She has a good bark at the cheeky birds that dare to land on our lawn when she spots them through the window and sometimes in excitement when playing with her ball/kong/stolen sock.  I know Im incredibly biased but I wouldnt hesitate ! (post lots of piccys though, whatever colour you decide on!) Good luck and enjoy x (ooh and just one thing, when you pick your puppy the coat colour changes lots as they get older, Bella was virtually white with a few pale golden patches and ears when we selected her at 5 weeks- by the time we collected her at 8 weeks she was a lot darker and has carried on "roaning up" ever since  :luv:  )
x from the moment I saw her I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love x

Offline sarahbe

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 06:59:30 PM »
Am visiting on Tuesday am!

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 08:08:34 PM »
Good luck, hope she is everything you want her to be
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 08:12:24 PM »
Good luck with your visit.....bet you fall in love straight away  :005:
Purdey's blue roan & could talk bark for England & Livie - orange/white is quite quiet  (except when there's animals on the tv  ::) )
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline sharonmansfield

• Donator
  • Bluebell and Jasmine
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 08:26:39 PM »
I long for an orange roan, there is one who lives near to me and he is the cutest puppy. My little Jasmines mum Mishka is orange roan and she is totally gorgeous, I wanted an orange roan but Mishka only had two blue roan pups.  OH wanted a blue roan as his aunty had one when he was a child and he had very fond memories of her.

I am excited for you I bet you cannot wait to go and take a look, you will be smitten at first sight I am sure.

My solid black Bella is far noisier than Jasmine my blue roan -  she loves the sound of her own voice  :005:
Cocker Spaniels are like chocolates you can never have just one!

Offline Emma xx

• Donator
  • Meg
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 08:31:26 PM »
We have a quiet blue (Meg) who only ever barks ot the postman and a noisy blue (Alfie) who just adores the sound of himself in general - not just barking ::), moaning, groaning, huffing and puffing, 'talking' :005: he's dead funny and wouldnt change him for the world :luv: xxx
Emma, with Meg (11) and Alfie (3)

Watch Alfie's first year!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=c5e5e2eace5d415d7d989a&skin_id=7

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 08:35:27 PM »
Oooh exciting good luck. I have had partis and solids and there is no difference in my opinion. It depends on the individual personality like others have said. I have one gobby gold cause she is a cheeky little character.  :shades: :005:
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 08:43:35 PM »
My son has an orange roan aged six and is so loving he adores my grandchildren and him and Penny play but he is a barker.I thought Penny would copy him but she only barks when she sees food and just lately when we leave her .i bet you will fsll in love when you see her . My golden Jenny used bark for england so it is really quiet in our house cant wait to see the pictures.
Penny Black Jennys niece