Author Topic: First full nights sleep  (Read 693 times)

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
First full nights sleep
« on: September 29, 2010, 07:02:40 PM »
Since we got Darcy he has been waking us (well i say Us but its usually me up).  Anyway oh has been working in France for a few days so on Monday i went to bed and Darcy decided he need to get up at around 4.10am :o and then it is usually every hour after that, but Monday i got up a decided to put Hattie in our bedroom and it was 6am before anyone made a noise.  So last night i put Hattie in our bedroom straight away and would you believe it 6.35am when Hattie woke me up and then i fed them and went back to bed until 7.45am i just hope it means we have turned a corner.  I think Darcy makes a noise Hattie who normally sleeps on the landing goes running down and then Darcy gets giddy and wants out of the crate.  So tonight Hattie is back in our room, after having Millie sleeping our bedroom for years i swore i would never have another dog in the bedroom but i am soooooo tired i would do anything. ;)
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
Re: First full nights sleep
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 07:33:29 PM »
I found this to be, regretfully, the only solution to Harvey sleeping through. But like you say when you need a good nights sleep you will try anything! Harvey has been known to sleep through to 10am since hes been in the bedroom (when I had a stinking hangover!  :embarassed:)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 08:02:00 PM »
 :clapping: :clapping: It's wonderful when it finally happens, isn't it  :D

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 08:08:13 PM »
I said no dogs in the bedroom a few yrs back we now have 5 cockers in our room  :-\ but thankfully I normally get a 6/7 hour sleep or so  :luv:
So pleased you have got some sleep  :luv:

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 08:12:36 PM »
Its so nice to get your sleep back.... unfortunately mine was also once Maggie came upstairs. Now tho, I love it  :luv: and she wakes in the morning, watches me for about a minute to see if I'm awake and if I don't (must keep eyes closed and pretend groany stretch in sleep) she settes back down for another couple of hours  :luv: We manage half nine most weekends and weekdays she's very grumpy if my alarm wakes her in the morning, comes downstairs has her breakfast and will go back to bed  :luv:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline grracee

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 08:16:29 PM »
Thats great!  :D It's great when it all falls into place! I've always had the dogs in my room since they were pups (although that wasn't the idea in the first place) but i've found that they sleep great so I dont mind it.

Its so nice to get your sleep back.... unfortunately mine was also once Maggie came upstairs. Now tho, I love it  :luv: and she wakes in the morning, watches me for about a minute to see if I'm awake and if I don't (must keep eyes closed and pretend groany stretch in sleep) she settes back down for another couple of hours   :luv: We manage half nine most weekends and weekdays she's very grumpy if my alarm wakes her in the morning, comes downstairs has her breakfast and will go back to bed  :luv:

Charlie's the same, although only difference is... if he sees that i'm still asleep he jumps on me and starts licking and pawing at me to wake me up! :005: :005:

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 08:21:48 AM »
Well last night was not as successful but it was not all the dogs fault, first OH plane was delayed so it was around 12.30am when he got home ::) which then disturbed Darcy who was in his create in the dinning room so i had to get up and let him out and then around 5.30am Hattie woke (she is 2 1/2 years old) and Darcy never made a noise (5 months) so up i got again and then it was 7.30am.  So I'm hoping tonight improves. :003:
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)