Author Topic: Jiggly: 3yrs black & tan Girl @ Many Tears  (Read 7707 times)

Offline rory,s mum

Re: Jiggly: 3yrs black & tan Girl @ Many Tears
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2011, 12:30:18 PM »
She is indeed stunning just needs a very special person out there to recognise her potential, thank you first time cocker mum x   shona

Offline penfold

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 09:11:31 PM »
Isn't she totally adorable!  So pretty.  Surely she can't be waiting for too much longer.

Offline kirstyb

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 05:38:51 PM »
still looking.  :luv:
Sam and Pepper's Mummy

Offline kirstyb

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 09:33:36 PM »
Jiggly is slowly gaining a little bit of confidence around humans but she is still a very scared dog who will run or shy away if approached directly. She is still uneasy being handled. Jiggly is clean in the house when taken out regularly and now sleeps all night . She will definitely need an owner who can be at home with her most of the time to continue to build her trust . A quiet calm home would suit her best, with a calm confident resident dog and ideally an owner with experience of scared/ ex breeding dogs who is willing to invest the time and effort required to help this beautiful little dog to reach her potential.
Sam and Pepper's Mummy

Offline kirstyb

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 12:29:28 AM »
05-05-11 UPDATE

Jiggly is now happy to be in the family area of the room and will sit or lie quite close to us, but still is not ready to accept human affection. She definitely recognises that it is good to stay close, because she will follow us out into the garden and back again. She has been watching our labrador fetching a ball, and is starting to run after it and bring it most of the way back too. She is improving on her harness and lead, but needs to be walked in a quiet place because she is easily startled by any sudden change in her environment. Recently Jiggly had the opportunity to meet Phoenix the cat and was happy to lie side by side with her and share the sunshine.
Sam and Pepper's Mummy

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 12:42:00 AM »
It breaks my heart about her not being able to accept human affection  :'( :'(    I feel like I want to go and get her but ours is not the home for her as is too full on with kids.   

I hope she finds the calm, loving home she truely deserves.   :luv:

Offline Amy_and_Harry

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 09:24:25 AM »
Poor sweetheart, she's beautiful  :luv: hope she's settled in her new forever home very soon.

Amy, Harry & Blue

Offline kirstyb

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 05:05:55 PM »
Still looking for her Forever home.  :luv:
Sam and Pepper's Mummy

Offline caro

• Donator
  • Sam
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 05:14:27 PM »
Aww she is lovely, a bit like Fern!  Fern barks when the door goes (although that's not very often!), wonder if that would be too much for Jiggly?
Caroline & Sam RIP Fern x RIP Charlie Cat x

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 05:32:48 PM »
I wish Ollie was a " calm quiet resident dog" instead of a lively cocker teenager, I would have Jiggly in a shot. She is gorgeous :luv: :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline starboy

• Site Member
  • Theo and Apollo
    • Starboy
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 08:10:37 PM »
She sounds so sad. I hope she finds a suitable home soon.
From the Darby family

Offline kirstyb

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 01:31:58 PM »
Still waiting.  :luv:
Sam and Pepper's Mummy

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 01:46:36 PM »
It seems Jiggly is making progress with Kirsty, it's such a shame she hasn't found her forever-loving-home she is so beautiful :luv:
xxx 

Offline rory,s mum

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 10:59:50 PM »
jiggly is still looking for her forever home and she needs an owner experienced with scared/ex.breeding dogs.  this doggy needs time and long term commitment to support her ongoing rehabilitation. she is a beautiful dog who is making tiny(but important) steps in the right direction and i am heartened by every little step.  she will now share a sofa with us and allow us to stroke her under the chin and she will now come in from the garden when I call her, small steps I know but i can see how hard it is for her to trust and many tears will be there for her as long as she needs x

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 07:56:42 AM »
It breaks my heart to read about Jiggly - this is one dog that you wouldn't mind getting up on the sofa or even being a little naughty - just can't imagine what has happened to make her so mistrusting, sadder still to think what her pups might be like.

My first cat Tintin was very similar in that she couldn't trust people and it took a very long time before she would let anyone touch her.  She was a 6 month old cat at the rescue that no-one wanted and hissed at anyone that came near her.  Her first step was also sitting on the sofa next to you, but you couldn't touch her even though it was so tempting.  Now she's referred to as Nanny Tintin as she has the habit of mothering and grooming every other pet in the house.  Now she loves attention be it human or hound.  Every now and then she does revert back to her scared self, hissing at people when she's surprised but she is soon back to loving her cuddles. Just needs someone with the time and patience.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love