Author Topic: Will Not Eat  (Read 933 times)

Offline flora

• Site Member
Will Not Eat
« on: February 10, 2005, 08:15:17 AM »
can anyone help as you know we lost flora a couple of weeks ago and molly is now on her own the trouble is she is not eating at all well she will eat a little fish and the odd winalot reward and thats it has anyone any ideas on what i could do to encourage her to eat.  She has always been a bit fussy but with flora around she ate to stop her stealing it most of the time any help would be great thanks  

Offline PennyB

Will Not Eat
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 09:46:26 AM »
Fenugreek is mean to be good to stimulate their appetites with. You can buy them as tablets/capsules with garlic:

Dorwest herbs

Provet recommend malted kelp or herbal tablets:

Provet

Will she eat any chicken and rice or something like that

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline flora

• Site Member
Will Not Eat
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 02:09:08 PM »
we tryed chicken and rice it worked for a day or two then wouldn't eat it have managed toget some coley and rice [very little ] into her today thanks for the advice  

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
Will Not Eat
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 06:22:17 PM »
Hi,
She may always be a fussy eater, if her weight is right, then I wouldn't let this be an issue. She will eat if she is truly hungry. TLC is probably more important to her at present, she'll still be feeling confused by Flora's abscence.
From Karen.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Sue H

Will Not Eat
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 06:34:54 PM »
She is quite possibly in mourning, and hopefully her appetite will pick up soon.

Maybe hand-feeding her would help - as long as she gets her daily intake, it doesn't really matter whether it comes in small parcels, or is made up of tasty tempting things as well as kibble etc.

Hope she perks up soon !!

Offline flora

• Site Member
Will Not Eat
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 07:28:10 PM »
i was beginning to dispair of molly and her eating habits but today she ate some dog food with some cooked cocktail sausages it was her first proper meal since flora passed away so i dohope this is maybe the turning piont thank you for all your help and i am keeping my fingers crossed  

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
Will Not Eat
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 07:30:42 PM »
i was beginning to dispair of molly and her eating habits but today she ate some dog food with some cooked cocktail sausages it was her first proper meal since flora passed away so i dohope this is maybe the turning piont thank you for all your help and i am keeping my fingers crossed
 :) Aw that's great !  Fingers and paws crossed here for you too.

Big hug for Mollie, take care xxx
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"