Author Topic: Will his cuddlyness change  (Read 760 times)

Offline c19unn

• Donator
Will his cuddlyness change
« on: November 02, 2011, 09:07:30 AM »
Hi Guys,
This is mostly for those of you who have 2 cockers and got them at different times - I have diesel and will be getting 2nd cocker next year
Diesel is currently very clingy and very sooky at nights  :luv: looking for lots of cuddles and attention and rubs
Will gettiing a second cocker change this behaviour ?
I  am ironing out all his naughty traits just now but to be honest he is a great little man - I know it sounds daft but will he rather cuddle up to new pup (if they get on) than me?
Did your first become less cuddly after getting a second is the million pound question i guess  :005:
Charlene  and Diesel
My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11

Offline padandmurph

• Site Member
Re: Will his cuddlyness change
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »
Hi

My 8 year old Paddy is the cuddliest boy ever, a really cutie, he always has been and hopefully always will be  :luv:  We got our second dog when Paddy was about 18months old. Murphy our 7 year old, is very independent he likes to come and say hello but doesn't cuddle as such. I know all dogs are different but it didn't change Paddy at all. If anything he gets more fuss because he's the cuddly one.  At night they both sleep on a sofa in the kitchen and its really lovely when we put them to bed, they have a cushion in between them and one sleeps one side and the other the other side with their heads touching  >:D

Suzie

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 10:06:53 AM »
Well I have four cockers and each one of them would rather cuddle up to me than each other.  When I'm working Misha my first cocker regularly comes and puts her paw on my knee to ask for a cuddle (usually mid morning & afternoon). Roly lives for his cuddles specially good morning cuddles, but he does like to sometimes cuddle up to the girls (usually Lexi), and Ellie would be happy if you cuddled her all day long.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline SkyeandOllie

• Ollie and Jess
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 10:16:59 AM »
Jess feels the need to be attached to you at all times, (I am trying to stop her doing that as I don't want her to then fret when we're not there).  Ollie is the best cuddler, I often have one on either side of me for cuddles,  they do cuddle up together but not often.  Don't think Diesel will change from having mum cuddles!

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 11:10:12 AM »
Excellent  :005: I dont want to be jealous of another cocker stealing my cuddles hehehe
Claire Diesel sounds like Jess, If i go to the toilet he wants to come in the room with me he is like my third leg  :luv:
But i love him for it
Its when he sits on my lap with a paw at either side of my face and just looks at me then smothers me in kisses  :luv:
How did i manage without a cocker ill never know
My mum says she couldnt live with a dog - I say i could now never live without one (And cockers are what i would always have  :luv:)
My name is Diesel

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 12:09:04 PM »
Its when he sits on my lap with a paw at either side of my face and just looks at me then smothers me in kisses  :luv:
How did i manage without a cocker ill never know

Especially like Rosie today, she wants a cuddle, but rolled in fox poo this morning  :020: She thinks that it's most attractive and can't understand why I don't  :005:.

To answer your question I think it depends on the dog. Some of my dogs haven't changed when another dog has been introduced, but Rosie for example wasn't impressed with Ebony at all. So now if Ebony is having a cuddle, Rosie will come over and Ebony immediately moves away. The only time I get joint cuddles is with me as a barrier.
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline Choc-Chip

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 12:34:18 PM »
Hiya,

We have Chip (22 months) and Woody (11 months).

Both are very cuddly towards us yet got on like a house on fire as well as play fighting.

They both share a bed and are inseperable but will also cuddle up to us and compete with each other to get the closest (not in a nasty way or anything though) It's actually quite funny.

I guess we get the best of both worlds.

They are both quite happy to cuddle up to each other and equally as happy when called up for a cuddle on the sofa.

Don't worry, you'll still have plenty of cuddles! Having two is double trouble (believe me >:D) but also double the love!  :luv:

Emma x

Offline Loudon

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 12:37:09 PM »
Charlene, if your next is cuddly then you will be smothered in cuddles from both.

My Poppy is the cuddly one and Lucy less so. Unless my daughter Jen is about. Then it's  :luv: :luv: :luv: Lucy just adores her.

Offline Evadee

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 12:42:09 PM »
I guess it depends on the dog...

We are getting our 2nd one tomorrow  :banana: :banana:

Have been told by a few people that they can become less affectionate towards you as they take to each other.  Our agility trainer has advised us to keep them apart for quite a bit for the first few months so they don't bond with each other more than us.  I've got mixed feelings about this but I guess it makes sense from a training point of view.

I'll let you know in a few months, Our Tia is not particularly cuddly anyhow but very affectionate if you know what I mean  :luv:  But we are strict and don't allow her on the sofa (the cats would get no rest otherwise!)

Offline black taz

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 12:51:49 PM »
Both my dogs like fussing, which is why i would struggle with more than two :005:

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 01:22:29 PM »
Both my cockers and my vizsla are cuddlers!
They love human cuddles, and although all get on well and play together, never cuddle up with each other :shades:  :D

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 01:43:44 PM »
I guess it depends on the dog...

We are getting our 2nd one tomorrow  :banana: :banana:

Have been told by a few people that they can become less affectionate towards you as they take to each other.  Our agility trainer has advised us to keep them apart for quite a bit for the first few months so they don't bond with each other more than us.  I've got mixed feelings about this but I guess it makes sense from a training point of view.

I'll let you know in a few months, Our Tia is not particularly cuddly anyhow but very affectionate if you know what I mean  :luv:  But we are strict and don't allow her on the sofa (the cats would get no rest otherwise!)

Awe if you could let me know how it goes :-) and what approach you take - I don't fancy the idea o keeping them seperate but for training I guess u would need to at times
My name is Diesel

Offline karen488

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 02:47:32 PM »
I'll tell you tomorrow!!!!!!!!! :cool4: :cool4: :cool4: If I don't explode in excitement and anticipation 1st. Darcey is a follower and a bit of a cuddler but often likes her own space when she's fidgety and tired. TBH I have been worried that she will be pushed out by new bouncy (unnamed  >:D) puppy.

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 02:48:51 PM »
Charlene, I've a feeling His Cuddliness will become even more cuddly. That's what Jonny did when we got Penny. I think he wanted to establish his Rightful Place, with his head on my chest  whenever I'm on the sofa, or on my feet when I'm at the table. Now, every time I sit on the sofa in the kitchen I have two doggies pushing each other out of the way to get at me. Penny's solution is to just sit on top of Jonny.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011