Author Topic: I love my Cocker Spaniel because......  (Read 5456 times)

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
I love my Cocker Spaniel because......
« on: November 17, 2011, 11:08:49 PM »
I love my Tali very much.

He had huge boots to fill after Keli  and he is more than filling them. I love the way he comes up to my face and does this funny head wobble. Everyone comments on it. I love how he has to be close. I love how he leaps around the bed chasing my hand under the duvet. I love how he sounds like a terribly vicious dog but is wagging his tail. I love how he is slowly gaining in confidence every day and how he is growing up but is still a puppy. I love how he plays chase the bone like little puppies do. I love how he has slept through from day one. I love how he lifts his paws to the side for tickles. I love his "cheezeh  feetz".

I just love my Taliesin the Bard. From the moment I awake to the moment I go to sleep, he is a bundle of joy and happiness and barking. But I wouldn't be without my Two Steppage Dog.  :luv:

Why do you love yours?
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
Re: I love my Cocker Spaniel because......
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 08:02:03 AM »
I love my cocker because
she made me happy when
I was sad :D
steff

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 08:09:36 AM »
Archie has big boots to fill too and I just noticed our boots must have been related? My Dickon was Kelynen Matthews Choice. Breeder Dawn with her beautiful Holly and Tildy. Am I right?

After angelic Dickon, Archie has been a whirlwind shock to the system but I love how he chunters to himself while he settles down for a snoozle. I love that his favourite toy is twice his size and how hilarious he looks dragging it around the house. I love his crazy wall of death mode which always means a trip outside to the garden is required. Best of all I love how he snuggles up on my pillow for a cheeky squdge after I let him out in the morning.

Offline Scarlett

• Julie & Scarlett from Greece
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 08:26:32 AM »
I love my cocker because
she made me happy when
I was sad :D
steff
How sweet :luv: :D :D

I love her because she is the best dog in the world....Honestly  :luv: :lol2:

She gives me so much love without expecting anything but some....treats  :005:
love her sooo much :luv:
"Of all the dogs that are so sweet
The Spaniel is the most complete.
Of all the Spaniels, dearest far
The little loving Cockers are."
Ernest Howard Shepard, Mc Obe 1879 - 1976

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 08:47:52 AM »
Misha too had big boots fill and I am guilty of not falling in love with her immediately as she followed 6 months after my 1st dog had died.  But even though she is tiny she has the biggest heart and trusts me completely.  She has wormed, wiggled and squirmed her way into my sad heart  :luv:  She always tries her very best at everything and I've never known her not to give 100%.  I always say that she is the one that comes for a walk with me - for the others I'm just the taxi. :lol2: Out of all the dogs she is the one that doesn't feel the need to check up on me all the time and follow me from room to room, but on a walk she rarely leaves my side (except for a thrown tennis ball!).  Most of all I love that she adores children and helped my godson get over his fear of dogs.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 09:00:06 AM »
Archie has big boots to fill too and I just noticed our boots must have been related? My Dickon was Kelynen Matthews Choice. Breeder Dawn with her beautiful Holly and Tildy. Am I right?

After angelic Dickon, Archie has been a whirlwind shock to the system but I love how he chunters to himself while he settles down for a snoozle. I love that his favourite toy is twice his size and how hilarious he looks dragging it around the house. I love his crazy wall of death mode which always means a trip outside to the garden is required. Best of all I love how he snuggles up on my pillow for a cheeky squdge after I let him out in the morning.

OMG yes. Been searching everywhere for one of Keli's relatives. Yes, one of Dawn's pups. Son of Holly and Tildy was a big sister from another litter. Dunno if that is the same litter of whether yours was from Holly's first or Tildy's only litter? Oh wow. If you wanna pm please do. :D
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 09:08:24 AM »
I love Rosie because she is a living link to my Mum. I bought her for my Mum after her orange roan died, but sadly my Mum died 12 months later, and so Rosie came to live with us. When she goes to the Bridge not only will I lose her but it will feel like I've lost my Mum all over again. She is my shadow though and would I'm sure lay her life on the line for me.

I love Ebony because she is just the sweetest most perfect cocker in the world. Her zest for life is infectious and she just lives to run. Our special time is Monday afternoon when we go to agility, just the 2 of us. I'm sorry Ebony that I am your handicap as I can't keep up with you  :005:
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline karen488

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 10:07:36 AM »
I love mine because they always love me.  :luv: :luv:

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 10:20:51 AM »
I love Hattie because even though she is complicated she is so loving, I love to watch her and Darcy play fight, and after a walk how they both squeeze on to my knee to sleep. I love Darcy because he comes from the same lines as Millie who we lost last year and although he is defiantly his own dog, he does have some of her traits.
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 10:30:43 AM »
I love Millie because she lives life to the full, she's either 100% norty or 100%  :angel:      :lol2:
I've even grown to love her 'whistling kettle' impression when she sees a cat  :005:
She is the happiest, prettiest, cuddliest dog EVER  :luv: :luv:

I love Charlie because he's Charlie  :luv: :luv: Beautiful but a bit dim  :005: he mended our broken hearts after we lost our old boy. He's Mister orange eyebrows, the friendliest people flirt in the world, how he used to sit in front of my nan and then shuffle towards her so she could pat him without him bruising her delicate skin  :'( :luv: :luv:. But he sure does stink  :lol2: :lol2: :shades:

Millie

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 11:30:05 AM »
Toby came to me 8 months after losing the best cocker in the world.  I thought I could never love another dog as much as I loved Jarvis and he will always have that special place in my heart, I so wanted another one just like him BUT I love Toby in a different way.  As a tiny puppy he would waddle outside to do his wees and I'd smile at him he looked so cute.  When he runs to me I can see the look of sheer determination to get to me as quickly as he can.  He's not as affectionate as Jarvis was but he's getting there hopefully.  When I come down in the mornings he jumps up for a fuss and a lick.  He's got so much character, so different to the last one.

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 11:49:21 AM »
I love diesel cause he is my best friend - no one greets me like he does, no one lives kisses like he does and he doesn't mind lying on the couch with me to watch girly programs on the weekends instead of going out, he makes me a better person and has taught me what unconditional love s and also taught me patience
I couldnt live with out him
I love the way he loves to stare at peoe with his cute face the playfully slap them with his little paw the way he follows me around and stares at me with loving eyes - I love that to him I am his provider of love, that I am his protector when he is scared and that I am his soul mate
I could go on all day  :luv:
My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11

Offline SkyeandOllie

• Ollie and Jess
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 12:07:21 PM »
there are soo many reasons why I love my cockers!  Ollie is my soul dog,  (although I do adore all 3!) He is the only dog I've had from a puppy and while he was very very hard work as a tiny pup he has blossomed into an amazing boy  :luv: He is smart, very handsome and so much fun! He gives the best cocker kisses and cuddles! in the morning he will stand back legs on the sofa, paws on my chest, put his head down and cuddle in with his eyes closed.  I can tell you me heart melts everytime he does that!  He is quick to learn and is such a character! He pulls the funniest of faces aswell :luv:

Jess is only been here for 7 months and has wiggled her way in aswell! She isn't as smart as Ollie (if she is she hides it well!  :005: ) her ditsey ways make me laugh everyday!  She loves to carry things and often will try to carry her bed and trips over it! She trys to carry big teddies and again trips,  she throws herself at me so I have no choice but to catch her,  she then has a silly worried face when she realises she is high off the ground!  She tells Ollie off when he trys to annoy Skye by pulling his ears  :005: She is wonderful,  not so smart,  very pretty, very eager to please and we loves her!

Although Skye is a German Shepherd I felt bad not to add her too!  She again is a lovely gorgeous girl,  strong willed, and a real daddys girl (even though she was mine first!).  She has been very very hard work (and still is to an extent!) I love watching her play with 'her' cocker dogs!  She will never allow another dog to cuddle her but we know she adores them.  She is the one who has made me a bit of a dog fanatic!

Offline Vicki

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 12:08:12 PM »
Every day Sally makes me smile and laugh out loud. She is such a clown! Whether she is prancing around the living room with her ridiculously large (same size as her) elephant toy in her mouth or proudly presenting her stag bar or a favourite toy to unsuspecting house guests.

I love her quiet moments, when she climbs onto my lap and sighs as if she is the happiest, most contented creature in the world.

She asks for so little, and gives back so much.  :luv:

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2011, 12:22:23 PM »
I love the way that Roxy runs to me and tried to climb into my arms for security whenever anyone leaves the house. I love that she is the gentlest girl in the world until a tennis ball comes out and then she will move heaven and earth to get to it. I love the way she disappears under the duvet and sighs a happy sigh curled up at my feet. I love the way she has changed my life for the better and can't wait for Bobby to make it even better still  :luv:
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.