Author Topic: What has been your most embarrassing moment with your cocker?  (Read 3196 times)

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
What has been your most embarrassing moment with your cocker?
« on: November 21, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »
We love our babes..........it is true.

But, have they ever REALLY embarrassed you, and why?

Luis really embarrassed me when we had Spanish guests this weekend.........................he was more than welcoming with them, paying special attention to their legs.   It was so bad, I literally had to distract him by taking him for a walk.  :021: :021:
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Liz F

• Donator
Re: What has been your most embarrassing moment with your cocker?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 06:26:25 PM »
Walking Diesel & Olli in the park, both offlead, I had picked up after them and still had in my hand heading towards the bin.  Ran in front of me and I tripped trying to avoid them, I went flat and the poo in bag quashed through my fingers  :020: :020: the children on the park found it very funny -not i was  :009: and  >:( :005: :005:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline Golden Sidney

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 06:35:53 PM »

Picture the scene I am lay on some rocks watching our Sid and my OH swimming in the sea.  My OH gets out of the water takes his eyes of Sid who he pressumes is following........................think again.  He had been following but diverted and was lay on someones pic-nic blanket wet through  devouring their packed lunch. >:D

I just lay with my hands over  my eyes shouting but trying to be quiet " The F****n dog is eating someones dinner"!

Never packed up and left a beach so quick in my life :o
Sid's mum x

Offline Choc-Chip

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 06:46:19 PM »
Oh gosh, this is embarrassing! Great thread though by the way.

I was walking in our local park quite a few months back now and had all 3 of mine off their leads.

We turned the corner into another playing field and there was about 25 blokes playing football!

It's not easy trying to round up 3 unruly dogs whilst a ball is being kicked about and all I could think of shouting was 'Boys, come here!' (didn't really think that one through)

Chip was chasing the ball and Casper just barked trying to round everyone up with Woody in tow!  >:D

Well all the blokes turned round and were just in fits of laughter. Needless to say I hung my head in shame after rounding the monsters up and quickly walked off.

Needless to say we didn't walk back te same way and have since worked out which days the lads play football up there :005:

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 06:50:06 PM »
Roly stealing a golf ball in the middle of an important golf game at our golf course (where a lot of dog walkers go), and not giving it back  :lol2:
Also peeing in someones house, not once but twice.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love

Offline pam1

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 07:06:25 PM »
We were sitting outside at our local Bistro waiting for our lunch to be served.   The table hadn't been cleared from the previous customers and was full of plates and glasses.

Silly old me  :005: tied Ollie to the leg of the table and suddenly he saw his best friend Hector (another cocker)  :luv: coming along the path.

Well off he went - table in tow..... imagine the crash and smashed plates and glasses everywhere! I was sooo embarrassed but fortunately the waitress was very kind and said not to worry.   :embarassed: :embarassed:

Pam, Oliver and Bertie

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 07:11:34 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1:

Oh I am loving these...........................
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Sue67

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 07:16:59 PM »
We were enjoying a nice stroll down Bridlington promanade when Indy decided she needed to deposit a large poo in front of 3 benches full of pensioners who were enjoying their fish and chips.

OH gently continued to stroll along, paying out the very long training lead as he went so mylady could finish her poo without hurrying then they both disappeared into the crowd leaving me to pick up the offending pile. Very red faced but also nearly killing myself trying not to laugh at the horrified look on the pensioners faces.  :lol2:

Offline sands

• My pretty girls!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 07:28:26 PM »
When Coda was only about 12 weeks old, we were in the park when a couple approached with 2 dogs I didn't know.  Not sure about their nature I thought it better to bring Coda in and put her lead on. Coda ran to me when I called her (got to say - her recall was immediate  ;)  ) but she was running downhill and I was still moving.  She ran straight through my legs and trying not to hurt her I tried to step over her only to land flat on my face in a huge puddle  :embarassed: :embarassed:

The man ran to help me up but he was trying so hard not to laugh his wife began shouting at him  :005: :005:

Needless to say Coda and the 2 St Bernards Alfie and Lance are now the best of pals  :005: :005:

Wee Benji boy 10/2/1994 - 8/10/2009
Sweet dreams my wee man

Life's too short to worry about muddy paws!

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 07:37:03 PM »
 :rofl1:   brilliant thread  :clapping:
trying to think of any moments here & ashamedly it's Livie everytime  :009:
only the other week we had chap round to inspect fireplace for a woodburner - he was knelt on the floor when she came over & pee'd on the brochures he'd put down  :doh: Running onto a golf course & doing a huge steaming poop on the putting green as golfers approached  ph34r by far the worst, greeting visitors with a ladies sanitary product stolen from the bin  :fear2: :020:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline DarceyTheDog

• Shutterbugs of shadwell
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 07:37:15 PM »
Darcey poo'd on the door step of a pet shop! Just as we were passing lol
Katie, Darcey and Mitsy

Offline BillysMum

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 07:53:16 PM »
these are hillarious!!! keep them coming  :005:

Can't think of any embarrassing moments with Billy but i think its more likely that i've just blocked them out  ph34r :005:

Alfie my lab is a whole other story... he joined in a game of football with a few young boys and their dog whilst on a walk (he was quite young with selective hearing so recall went out the window) The boys thought he was so funny pushing the ball along with his nose while they tried to get it off him.... i was on my way to reclaim my dog when alfie decided to pick up the plastic ball and it popped  >:D he then found it so exciting he had a mad run around them all while killing the flat ball  >:D i was so embarrassed, the poor boys had to end their game  ph34r i apologised to them and their mum and offered them the money for a new one  ph34r

On another occasion i'd just turned up at a country park with my friend and we let the dogs out of the boot and alfie made a beeline for a family playing cricket and ran off with their tennis ball  ph34r the children had fun chasing him to get it back though and they were thankfully fine about it but i did eventually give their ball back  >:D

And another time a young child was feeding the ducks bread.... there was LOADS of ducks swimming in the lake eating the bread when alfie ran straight down past them into the lake and tried to beat the ducks to eat the bread  >:D

hope its ok to add them even though he's not a cocker.

Offline starboy

• Site Member
  • Theo and Apollo
    • Starboy
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 07:55:39 PM »
On our very first COl meet up we went to the top of Rivington Pike. We heard some one shouting that someone's dog had just stolen their babies sandwich out of his hand. Yes it was Theo.  :embarassed:
From the Darby family

Offline sands

• My pretty girls!
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 08:07:59 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Loving this thread if only to prove Coda isn't the worst offender  :005: :005:

Wee Benji boy 10/2/1994 - 8/10/2009
Sweet dreams my wee man

Life's too short to worry about muddy paws!

Offline lexi

• Site Member
    • Spaniel Photos
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 08:11:59 PM »
Talking on the phone and Mac comes to sit next to me and lets out the biggest burp! >:(

"Always be a little kinder than necessary." J.M. Barrie
Lexi, Mac, Shadow & Galak (with Holly & Byron in our hearts)