Author Topic: What has been your most embarrassing moment with your cocker?  (Read 3195 times)

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
Re: What has been your most embarrassing moment with your cocker?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 08:14:01 PM »
Both food related here with Freya  >:D

I used to let her wonder around the enclosure and surrounding beach whilst we were getting the donkeys ready or not busy and could play with her until...

The first strike was when she jumped up onto the promenade where people stand and watch the donkeys, quickly found a toddler in a pushchair munching on a sausage roll, within seconds jumped up and snatched it out of her hand and promptly swallowed it whole  :o :embarassed: I appologised profusely to the mother who luckily though it was funny

The second strike (which led to her having much less freedom I might add!) was when she pottered down the beach to a picnic blanket where an unsuspecting child had his lunchbox next to him as he munched a sandwich. Like a ninja she snuck in and grabbed something else from his lunchbox and swooped away with it unnoticed!  :o ph34r I'm ashamed to say I kept my mouth shut on this occasion and quickly got her on her lead  :embarassed:

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 08:19:28 PM »
Am loving all of these, all very funny.
Both food related here with Freya  >:D

The second strike (which led to her having much less freedom I might add!) was when she pottered down the beach to a picnic blanket where an unsuspecting child had his lunchbox next to him as he munched a sandwich. Like a ninja she snuck in and grabbed something else from his lunchbox and swooped away with it unnoticed!  :o ph34r I'm ashamed to say I kept my mouth shut on this occasion and quickly got her on her lead  :embarassed:

I have this image of a poor confused child, who was certain he had 1 more sarnie left  :005:

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 08:30:13 PM »
Talking on the phone and Mac comes to sit next to me and lets out the biggest burp! >:(

Always the dog that gets the blame, hey???  :005: :005: :005:
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 08:34:09 PM »
greeting visitors with a ladies sanitary product stolen from the bin  :fear2: :020:

:005: similar event here with my very first cocker Sherwood. At his first Christmas he and his brother were 10 months old and I was living with my parents. They threw a dinner party on New Years Eve - black tie event. We got the pups special chews hoping they would stay occupied. It worked. They took themselves off to my room and were brilliantly quiet. Until the pudding came out when Sherwood reappeared. He'd managed to open my wardrobe and remove a box of ladies products. He proudly entered the dining room with a string hanging out of his mouth. Any hopes of removing  him quietly were soon dashed when one if the female guests convinced herself and everyone else that he had caught a mouse.
Pretty sure it was the last dinner party my parents ever had.  :021:

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 08:38:27 PM »
greeting visitors with a ladies sanitary product stolen from the bin  :fear2: :020:

:005: similar event here with my very first cocker Sherwood. At his first Christmas he and his brother were 10 months old and I was living with my parents. They threw a dinner party on New Years Eve - black tie event. We got the pups special chews hoping they would stay occupied. It worked. They took themselves off to my room and were brilliantly quiet. Until the pudding came out when Sherwood reappeared. He'd managed to open my wardrobe and remove a box of ladies products. He proudly entered the dining room with a string hanging out of his mouth. Any hopes of removing  him quietly were soon dashed when one if the female guests convinced herself and everyone else that he had caught a mouse.

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 08:45:03 PM »

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:  .... & bet you didn't try to correct her either  :005:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline hamfam

• Site Member
  • Lucy Blue roan beauty
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 08:46:20 PM »
I'm not on here too often these days but i like to keep an eye on you lot - i usually get a laugh or two out of the posts and am loving this thread

Reminds me of when Lucy was about 18 months, it was a glorious sunny day, Helen had gone to thorpe park for the day with the kids leaving me to gut the bathroom and look after Lucy.
I started work on the bathroom but soon had to stop as lucy had stolen a bit of old architrave and chewed it in every room in the house, thinking she would not settle until i tired her out, i took her for a walk (mistake N01)
As it was hot we headed for the woods but i soon realised that the woodpiles would be sporting dozy adders and thought letting her off the lead twas not the best of ideas, so leaving the woods we crossed the road into the nature reserve to try some recall.
She was a little star returning promptly on the whistle for a lump of dads livercake in reward. All was going well until she headed for the brow of the hill and didnt return when i whistled - off i set at a trot calling and whistling as i went to no avail. As i got to the brow of the hill i could see the couple with the picnic spread under the tree who were seemingly oblivious to the four legged food bin approaching at high speed.
As i drew closed they spotted me and it became abundantly clear they were having more than just a picnic and i saw the young lady rapidly dismount and adjust her dress, her partner who was laying on his back,attempting to pull up his trousers, was not so quick and must have been stunned as Lucy ran straight over his head and helped herself to a sandwich.
Well the young lady (luckily) thought it was hilarious and was still laughing as i lumbered up to apologise and retrieve Lucy whose head by now was buried in her partners trousers (think bed bath ph34r) as the scent of the proceedings had become a bigger draw than the remaining food. Apologising profusely, and trying to avoid eye contact at all costs, i took a firm hold of Lucy's harness, i did think i saw the start of a smile on the gents face however it soon dissipated and was replaced with a look of pure hatred, i looked away just in time to see Lucy's tongue reach the bottom of his tumbler of wine ph34r

We moved on to another field where Lucy discovered that if you roll in a rotting badger, dad has to pick the tiny maggots out of your fur before you get to ride in the car but on the plus side you do get to go home with all the windows down - cool!

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 08:56:23 PM »
Lucy 'the contraceptive' Cocker     .....priceless  :clapping:

Offline Choc-Chip

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 08:56:42 PM »
Ooo I've just thought of another one. We were in Cornwall when Chip was about 5 months old and we wandered into a nice clothes shop (was a really dog friendly place, they're allowed everywhere) when Chip decided in the middle of the shop to squat and have the biggest wee ever. I was absolutely mortified but one of the ladies quickly got a mop and they all found it amusing. I however was extremely embarassed and told OH it was definitely time to leave :005:

Offline dal55

• Cassie and her much loved ball
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2011, 09:02:10 PM »
Stood talking as dog walkers do !! looked down at Cassie to see her sat patiently with a packet of condoms in her mouth !!!!!!!!!!!!!! G knows where she had picked them up. Thankfully they were unused.
Explain that away !

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2011, 09:12:26 PM »
Chip was chasing the ball and Casper just barked trying to round everyone up with Woody in tow!  >:D

Well all the blokes turned round and were just in fits of laughter.

You were lucky :005:  the same thing happened to me last year when I was fostering Cath's Little Caoimhe (then Daisy) and we were visiting Helen in Wiltshire. I think it must have been the Sunday morning we took the dogs - Jarv, Rodaidh, Tilly and Daisy - over to Jarv's 'local' walk at the water meadows. You have to go past a football pitch to get there and back and on this day on the way back there were blokes playing; Daisy was off the lead and I called her but about halfway back to me the football and the 20-odd blokes running around caught her attention and she bombed it into the middle of the pitch and started running in mad circles; the footballers were not impressed ph34r  I was mortified, they were swearing at her and some of them were really arsey about it even though I was really doing my best to get her back. I was running around and calling her but of course she thought it was a great game and was having a whale of a time >:D  I never did catch her, she eventually ran over to where Helen was standing with the other dogs trying to look like she'd never met me before in her life :lol2:

For my own dogs, Tilly's best/worst moment is a toss up between rolling in a mostly-decomposed whale carcass - and I mean 'in' not 'on' - and then having to walk a mile and a half back down the beach continually chasing her into the sea trying to get some of the slime off or going in for a group picnic raid on some unsuspecting family when I was on a walk at the Hermitage in Perthshire with Cazza a few years ago... we hid behind trees and then legged it so the people never knew who the dogs belonged to ph34r  

The other one involved the dogs but wasn't directly related to them, I was walking them in Holyrood Park in the middle of Edinburgh one day when Ro was quite young and I thought it'd be a good opportunity to test his steadiness around birds so we walked over to the big pond at the bottom - it's near the main footpath and car park, full of swans and ducks and usually pretty busy. There had been a lot of rain and the ground was pretty boggy/muddy. Anyway, we were walking around the pond near the edge, Ro was being really good and all was fine until I slipped spectacularly in the mud - it was a proper comedy slip - both my legs went up in the air and I landed full flat on my back. I was lying there with Ro standing over my face wagging his tail like mad wanting to die of embarrassment and then as I started to struggle up I realised that a group of Japanese tourists were taking photos ph34r  To make it even better I then had to walk about a mile and a half back to the car through the really busy park looking like the back of me had been painted with mud, it went literally from the backs of my legs up to my hair.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 09:14:28 PM »
Stood talking as dog walkers do !! looked down at Cassie to see her sat patiently with a packet of condoms in her mouth !!!!!!!!!!!!!! G knows where she had picked them up. Thankfully they were unused.
Explain that away !

she brought them in case you should bump into the same couple that hamfam's Lucy interupted  :005:

Offline MrsG

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 09:22:23 PM »
Me and hubby were taking jasper for a walk along a canal near the shugborough estate and decided to stand and watch a family go through the lock gate on their barge, along with several other people. It was around the time that jasper had discovered the joys of doing big boy wee wees......... Yes you've guessed whats coming next, he decided that he'd take a shot at the mans leg who was also watching the barge!! He ended up with a very wet foot and we exited quickly with very red faces.........

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 09:36:04 PM »
Years ago at the park, I watched a young child roll their Easter egg down the hill. Unfortunately, so did Vegas and he chased after it and ate it  ph34r

On a COL meet about 7 years ago, Dallas peed in Gillys bag  ph34r  More recently, he paraded along a beach full of people with a used tampon in his mouth and feeling very proud of himself!
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 09:38:35 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: loving this thread, at least we all know we're not alone!