Author Topic: What has been your most embarrassing moment with your cocker?  (Read 3197 times)

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
Re: What has been your most embarrassing moment with your cocker?
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 10:54:16 PM »
I was taking Lois and Jenny on the bus to see Mum with Lois on my knee facing the front when the next minute  he was licking the mans neck in the seat in front I could have died but he was fine about it  and people on the bus were laughing aswell
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 11:28:24 PM »
I have so many embarrassing moments, and most of them involve Tia and food! :P

We were walking beside a loch last year, where there were some fishermen - Dougie and Tia walked past nicely, then Tia quickly doubled back, ran up to one of the fishermen, grabbed the fish he had just caught and swallowed it whole! ph34r  He then apologised to US, in case she choked !!No chance, as it didn't even touch the sides! :lol2:

A few days later, we were at the same loch (I should have learned), and a small boy had a McDonalds Happy Meal, that he had placed on the ground whilst he fed the ducks - within seconds, Tia had galloped over, grabbed the box of fries and was running around with it stuck on her nose! ph34r It was actually really funny, although I was racing after her trying to get it before she ate them all. :005:

There are many many more, but I think that's enough to be going on with. :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2011, 07:09:08 AM »
Kizzy and Bruno never really embarrassed me , not that i can remember anyway  :luv: :luv:, now Ella is on a whole different level, walking with a friend and Ella disappears in the bushes, out she comes with something in her mouth, loo roll with the obvious in it , i was chasing her round shouting leavi it and she was trying to eat it  :020: :fear2: , and then there was the really rotten huge seal on the beach and Ella rolling in it and trying to grab mouthfuls with me screaming leave it and her just running around it as i chased her, and then there was the time some picnickers were by the river and she very sweetly walked up to a toddler and gently took the ham roll out of its hand and ate it  ph34r , and countless times she has run into peoples tents and eaten their food, and another time some students were having a barbi and she went up to a girl wagged her tail did the wriggly thing and took her hot dogs and ate it  :embarassed: and recently there was some older kids doing cross country and the ones who got back first got on the coach, Ella ran off jumped on the coach and said hello to everyone, a girl brought her back off the coach to me, and the time one of those taxi ambulances was obviously on a dinner break and they were parked by the jetty and she jumped on it to see what the driver had for lunch, luckily most people are pretty ok with her as she always does the cute wriggly cocker thing first
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Geordietyke

• Donator
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2011, 10:23:32 AM »
Nothing major (yet) from Odie apart from his annoying habit of doing his 2nd poo of the day whilst on his walk (ie. the very squidgy one :020:) in front of either people waiting at bus stops or cars in traffic :P  They are almost impossible to pick up 100% and he always wants to do it right in the middle of the pavement, not at the side/grass :-\  Very embarrassing :embarassed:
Both taken away from us far too soon. x  RIP Angels Odie & Archie, causing mayhem at the Rainbow, no doubt!

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2011, 11:05:27 AM »
 :rofl1: :clapping: :rofl1: :clapping: :rofl1: :clapping:
I haven't laughed so much for ages and I should be doing the housework. My contribution
It must be a cocker thing to wait until you have an audience to do a big poo, bus stops or at a busy corner in a small village (In Italy where the most tourists are) Kody our guilty one for this.
I'm also guilty of being a bit dim and securing Indi's lead to a table leg in a cafe and I ended up wearing OH complete pint of larger. He still says will never go to another cafe with the dogs he was so embarrassed . I think we have.

Indi's best moment was when she was young, in Sydney Aust we had been in a drought for years( ended up for 7yrs) so no garden sprinklers and lots of other restrictions. Took her over to the park  where they had recycled water and large sprinklers going. So she was off playing in and out of all the sprinklers having a wow of a time, but as we had to home in the car I didn't see the funny side, but the gardeners did and they were watching and controlling the sprinklers and in absolute fits of laughter :005: It wasn't until I had to get wet to grab her, they realised that it wasn't funny and we had to walk past them to get to the car. I had no idea they were even there until I caught her got the lead on and walked  to the other side wet they confessed , still laughing,  also remembering I was calling yelling ranting like a mad woman very embarrassed they gave me some large garden bags for the back of the car must admit to also joining in laughing as it would have been a good you tube mad woman in park with mad cocker.
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline julie1

• Julie & Kez
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2011, 12:30:36 PM »
:rofl1: :clapping: :rofl1: :clapping: :rofl1: :clapping:
I haven't laughed so much for ages and I should be doing the housework.

What  GREAT medicine for a miserable Monday morning, :clapping: :cool4: keep them coming.

Thanks from Julie & Kez.
regards from Julie & Kez

Offline Vicki

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2011, 03:08:43 PM »
I have told this story before, but it bears repeating.

It was the time Sally gate-crashed my SIL's posh birthday dinner party having just taken herself swimming in the overflow from their septic tank. Sally 'went quiet' for 20 minutes (never a good sign) then sauntered casually into the dining room.

Conversation went something like this:
"Oooh, look, there's Sally"  :luv:
"Hmmm, wonder why she's wet"  :huh:
"Yuck, what's that awful smell"  :020:
*penny drops*  >:D

OH and I then had to excuse ourselves from dinner and give the hound an emergency shower and shampoo.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2011, 04:31:24 PM »
When William was quite young, maybe a year old, he and I were at my friend Maria's house one evening. William and Ruby the Retriever had settled down after a play session while Maria, her two DDs and I had settled down to watch a DVD, happily munching popcorn and with the lights down low for cinema effect.

William had been sleeping on the floor with Ruby and when he woke up he went straight to Maria and jumped up on her lap. He'd only been there for a few seconds when Maria suddenly leapt to her feet. William had peed on her, not just a dribble but major flooding  :fear2:

Maria said afterwards that she was just relieved it wasn't her that had the accident :lol2: :lol2:

Come on Maria, tell us about the incident with Dexter the Retriever and the underpants  :rofl1: :rofl1:

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2011, 04:34:16 PM »
These are so funny  :005: have you noticed, how most off the stories involve food or poo. Good to know my dogs are not the only ones like this.
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline Christal

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2011, 05:03:08 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

Well I think some of you must be really cruel and not feeding your dogs properly or they wouldn't have to steal other peoples food  :005: :005: :005:

As for the ones with the HUGE poos they're obviously being fed TOO MUCH or they wouldn't need to leave such big piles of poop  ;)

This has really cheered me up on a bad day.  Great stories especially the one where the dog interupted the couple enjoying the quiet of the countryside for a 'personal moment'  :lol2: :lol2:

Offline tritonx

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2011, 05:49:29 PM »
I've been laughing out loud at all the stories. One of the funniest threads I've seen here.  :lol2:  Fraser has been a relatively low key dog on the embarrassment scale (so far) compared to some of the others I've been reading about. Only thing I can think of was the day of the classic auto show in my small town. The main street had been blocked off and all the shiny classic cars lined up at the sides while crowds of people strolled down the middle of the street. Of course, Fraser chose then to hunch over and deposit a pile in the middle of the road with everyone streaming around him, making mostly amused comments. Seems that dogs can reliably be counted on to poop at precisely the wrong moment. Only other one was one of the first times I let Fraser off leash at a local beach. He was fine for a while and then spotted a group of fellows playing bocce on the sand. Off he went at a flat run, ears flapping, toward the balls where he proceeded to leap about trying to greet everyone and churning up the balls where they lay. Luckily, the fellows were good natured about it. Personally, I think I'm far too old (and hopefully dignified) to be galloping along a beach behind an errant dog, shouting his name at the top of my lungs, but it seems to be my fate since Fraser came into my life.

Offline Bigady12001

• Young Sammy
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2011, 08:29:31 PM »
The very first night at puppy training mum cried out 'oh look what he's done' I expected a puddle but no not our Sammy, there for all to see was a pile of poo.

What was worse he looked quite pleased with himself >:D

Offline SteveB

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2011, 10:23:53 PM »
It's not about a Cocker but a Cairn. My fatherinlaw was the typical harassed father figure. We were living with them for a while and every Sunday the mil and he would go off for the day. Anyway this one Sunday he came home having a right fit. The cairn used to like sitting on the parcel shelf (this is before the safety concience days). This one day they were stuck in a traffic jam after awhile he smelt something out of place. Yes the cairn decided it needed to go so it did in full view and to the amusement of all the cars that were stuck in the jam with him.

Offline mcc

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2011, 11:06:57 PM »
Our old Cocker, Tikka used to be quite possesive at times and ususally spent the daytime at my wifes parents.  Anyway on this particular day, they had a workman in to service the central heating and as he took his wooly hat off, Tikka took the opportunity to claim  it.  He would NOT give it up even when bribed with big chunks of Tescos finest chicken.  Eventually, after being chased around the garden, he sat under the bushes and shredded it and the poor lad had to go home without it.:011:

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2011, 08:18:53 AM »
After more laughter on reading more  :005:  :rofl1: :rofl1::remembered one more funny that does not involve food, or poo. While still is oz we were off to a training day (in the fieldwork) which means 7.00am start and usually a couple of hours drive and they always knew when we left early in the morning  hunting rabbits and guns so always very excited. Had my  4x4 dogs in crate took off stopped at set of lights people in the next car gave me a funny look,  next set of lights had a car of young men off to rowing or football were behind me , next set the young guys came up beside me wound down the window to talk and said with lots of laughter and ****** comments do you realise your dogs are" at it "in the back of your car without thinking I replied ohh yea they do it all the time when they get excited about going training, which brought more laughter from their car and as they drove yelling what sort of training. Then the penny dropped I'm just used to it and say Indi get off him, then Kody get off her :embarassed: very embarassed
Owned and trained by two mad cockers