Author Topic: What has been your most embarrassing moment with your cocker?  (Read 3194 times)

Offline Deb

Re: What has been your most embarrassing moment with your cocker?
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2011, 08:56:22 AM »
Some really funny stories - love it! My addition involved my son and his relationship with his first serious girlfriend.  :luv: They had been considering taking the relationship further, and decided to test the strength of the equipment - which brand was strongest, by turning the condoms into water balloons! They disposed of the "used" condoms in the bin. Whilst doing housework upstairs, Bailey decided to "help" by emptying the bin.:wasntme:  I saw the item on the floor, and called hubby to help identify it. He thought it was a latex glove, but on further investigation realised it was not. :shades: We then decided that hubby should speak to son - let him know what we had found, and to let him know that should things go wrong they could approach us. The result was that son was highly embarrassed, as was girlfriend, who couldn't face us for quite a while! :021: :021: Bailey was not very popular with them for uncovering their secret.   >:D
Deb and Bailey

Offline primmer

• Murphy - working cocker spaniel
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2011, 12:03:04 PM »
Only last Sunday, Murphy and I were on our way back from a long walk with my friend and her collie. We had just called the dogs to the side to let some cyclists past, I gave them both a treat and sent them off. Both dogs went running off but murphy being all pleased with himself for getting a treat was looking back at me and smiling and therefore not looking where he was going. Walking towards him was an elderly couple with walking sticks, I called out to him and he just managed to stop before crashing into the old mans leg but the look of shock on his face when he turned to face the right way and realised there was a couple in front of him was priceless, I went red and apologised to the poor couple whilst murph then swerved round them and carried on running. My friend was killing herself laughing!  :005:
Rachel and Muphy x

Offline cocosMum

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2011, 06:49:43 PM »
In the summer there was a man down the local park by the river doing some yoga type moves and looking like he was really into it. We were miles away right over the other side of the park so I thought it was safe to let Coco off - she shot off as fast as she could and made a bee line for him. She came running back with his sock! I had to walk all the way back over and give it back to him, luckily he wasn't too annoyed!

Also yesterday I was at the same park, and when I went through the gate there was a lady with an older cocker which had an old plastic milk bottle it had found in its mouth. The lady was trying to get her dog back on the lead, but everytime she tried the dog moved away just enough so she couldn't catch him! It was quite funny. On my way back after a 45 min walk by the river, she was still there trying to catch him! This time she was pretending to walk off home and saying 'bye' but the dog didn't care. Poor woman, I don't know how long she was there for!

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2011, 10:31:23 PM »
In the summer there was a man down the local park by the river doing some yoga type moves and looking like he was really into it. We were miles away right over the other side of the park so I thought it was safe to let Coco off - she shot off as fast as she could and made a bee line for him. She came running back with his sock! I had to walk all the way back over and give it back to him, luckily he wasn't too annoyed!
:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: That's what Dougie would have done, he loves socks! :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2011, 10:57:28 PM »
These dogs! I'm half way down page 3 but breaking to add my own.

Murphy #1. Walking along a local river, he swam across and ate a human poo (there was loo roll so must have been human up camping)

Murphy #2. Walking along the river (different one) and I saw ducks so was flinging his ball the opposite way. Next thing, a quack, he stops dead and points like a true gundog belts straight past me and splash into the water scattering a family of ducks. The mother took off down stream as did Murphy in hot pursuit he was swimming so fast his whole chest was out the water and he was barking like mad. The main road is across the water and I was screaming at him to get out and trying to run along the path. People at the scout hall were in stitches at us and he came out over half a mile down stream pleased as punch.

I can't think of any with Maddi.
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2011, 11:11:35 PM »
Er, the same Maddi that loves her grub, just like Tia does?! :005: I'm sure you can, but maybe you have just blanked them out. :lol2:

Perhaps, they should get together again, and that will remind you of what they are like! :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline cocosMum

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2011, 08:23:38 AM »
Oh and 1 more, we had a few friends around about a month ago, and everyone took their shoes off ... I thought Coco had gone quiet and suddenly broke out into a cold sweat - she was on the lawn chewing someone's £200 shoes! My partner gave her the money for a new pair - he wasn't happy!

Offline hanandhen

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2011, 12:54:22 PM »
It's so hard to pick just one.... but this is probably it (C+P-ed off my blog ;))

As you read this, think of it as being a bit like a therapy session for me. Pull up a chair, perch your glasses on the end of your nose, and assume your most soothing bedside manner, and please do excuse any gibbering on my part. I am sure that in a decade or so, I'll be absolutely fine again.

So, on Saturday I had a nice family day out at a game fair. In fact all of this can be laid firmly at the door of my family. It's all their fault, nowt to do with me, guv...

Henry was veeery excited to be there, and in fact was a bit of a handful. Happily, he did start to settle a bit after a while - which is when my step-dad and step-brother came hurrying over to suggest - nay demand - that we should have a run in the gundog scurry. They had been watching a few of the competitors have mishaps, and were certain that Henry could beat the competition and win a shiny new car in the process.

Yes, that is this Henry here.

Yes, I know. A scurry champion he is not. But you know, I thought we might have a little go at the novice scurry. Seemed like a nice idea, the fencing looked escape-proof, it was very much about having a go and it was a nice, marked, double retrieve that under normal circumstances Henry would have found easy-peasy.

So the nice man took our entry, and the nice lady threw out two dummies. And Henry, bless him, shot straight over to the first one and grabbed it. OK, he then took it on a lap of honour before he brought it back. But, you know, that's still an improvement on the last time we did this, so so far, so good.

Then I sent him back for the next dummy. He was a bit overwhelmed by all the exciting things going on around the arena, so he ran past it a few times. Then - then it all went a tiny, tiny bit wrong. It all seemed fine at first. There was a family sitting on the floor outside the arena, and Henry seemed to be making friends with them.

Of course, those of you that have read other posts on this blog, or indeed who have met Henry, can probably guess what was really happening. In fact, you have probably abandoned your calming manner and are most likely screaming a dreadful warning at the screen. And you are right. Yes, that family were having a very nice picnic, with a lovely wicker hamper and little triangular sandwiches with the crusts cut off, all laid out on a plate, right up to the point when a dirty great spaniel stuck his head through the fence and relieved them of their lunch (although, is the Novice (i.e. half-trained hooligan) scurry really the best place to have a picnic?!). The realisation of what was happening hit both me and the lady throwing the dummies at the same time, and we both arrived with Henry at once to remove him from the crime scene. Henry then completed his performance by finding the other dummy, and taking it out of the arena, to my mum who was, in all fairness, probably quite interesting due to the fact that she was shrieking with laughter (thanks Mum). We then left the arena, although not before we had been given a cheer by all those watching. We may not have been the fastest entry, but we were probably the most entertaining.

I have been having flashbacks all weekend, but I'm sure they'll clear up in a year or two. When that happens please do remind me of this before I enter another scurry. Unless we're going in as a novelty act that is.

Offline NotanotherAlfie!

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2011, 02:20:04 PM »
We were enjoying a nice stroll down Bridlington promanade when Indy decided she needed to deposit a large poo in front of 3 benches full of pensioners who were enjoying their fish and chips.

OH gently continued to stroll along, paying out the very long training lead as he went so mylady could finish her poo without hurrying then they both disappeared into the crowd leaving me to pick up the offending pile. Very red faced but also nearly killing myself trying not to laugh at the horrified look on the pensioners faces.  :lol2:

There must be something about the Bridlington air, this happened to me too, Alfie decided to do a poo right in front of the people sat on the little traing waiting to go out, it was a sloppy one too, OH also strolled off! >:D

Another moment was when he humped a little boys leg and all the adults around couldn't stop laughing, the boy was so embarrassed I could feel his embarrassment.  ph34r

Offline NotanotherAlfie!

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2011, 02:25:25 PM »
.................course I forgot about the time we were on Filey beach, (same holiday as the Bridlington incident) and Alfie pinched a little boy's sock, it took what seemed an age to get out his mouth, he clamped it shut and was having none of it.  Fortunately the family saw the funny side of it!  :005:

Offline Linz13

• Site Member
  • To understand a cocker, you need to be a cocker!
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »
Er, the same Maddi that loves her grub, just like Tia does?! :005: I'm sure you can, but maybe you have just blanked them out. :lol2:

Perhaps, they should get together again, and that will remind you of what they are like! :lol2:

Yes the same Maddi, I have no idea what you could mean by your comment!  Haha - I honestly can't think of any!
Linz, Murphy & Maddi x

Offline cfordham2710

• Donator
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2011, 08:23:37 PM »

Oh my, I have got tears streaming down my face reading this!!!!  Well needed too!!!!

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2011, 08:56:07 PM »
Several years ago we were walking Benjy springer and Buddy cocker on Dartmoor. Buddy ( a 7 year old rescue) hadn't been with us long and had arrived weighing a whopping 21 kilos, as such he was on a strict diet. Benjy, as usual, was running about like a loon, checking out all the smells. Buddy was, as usual, trotting along, sniffing things, but not exerting himself.

We were nearly back at the car when Buddy broke into a full pelt gallop!  :o It could only mean one thing! A picnic! I set off in hot pursuit and managed to catch him before he'd had a chance to eat more than one sausage and one sandwich! Luckily the family were very understanding, especially as they had two cavis.

We stood talking about spaniels and Buddy's story. My OH and Benjy springer caught us up and he was busy telling the family Benjy's story when I felt Buddy tug on his lead. To my horror, he'd sniffed out the family's closed tub of clotted cream and was weeing on it (in a, 'I'll claim this for later' kind of way) and had filled the indented lid  :o :o

I'm ashamed to say that the family hadn't noticed..... and so I said breezily, "oh well, must be getting home!" and made a swift exit!  ph34r ph34r I almost immediately felt guilty, but by then really didn't feel like I could go back and say, "sorry, my dog has just weed on your clotted cream!"  A real 'wish the ground would open up and swallow me' moment!  :shades:
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!