Author Topic: HRH Wills and Kate have got a cocker  (Read 6504 times)

Offline Pudding

• Donator
  • Bob My Love My Life
Re: HRH Wills and Kate have got a cocker
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2012, 08:51:27 AM »

Do you think they might come to one of our meet-ups? :005:

Thats what i thought as well.... i will be up for that meet up  :005:

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2012, 08:54:35 AM »
I must be the only one who doesn't give a rats behind then  ph34r ph34r

you're not  ;)

another one here  ph34r

You are definitely not alone.  I must be dreaming but I am sure I read a year or two back that they had both got new dogs and Kate's was a black working cocker.  What happened to that?

me too, and I also thought they had one already  :dunno:   Old news,maybe ?  :shades:

Offline aliceandlouis

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2012, 09:17:24 AM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/kate-middleton/9053779/Cocker-Spaniel-puppy-for-Kate-Middleton-and-Prince-William.html

Another one who doesn't give 2 hoots about them....however, I do share the concerns about the chance of it having a negative effect on the breed e.g being seen as the latest fashion accessory.  :-\

But yes, great taste  ;)

With everyone one this. Nice for them but my mind wanders to those puppy farmers rubbing their hands with glee and the poor bitches who will be over bred to meet a fashion.

my thoughts turn to the amount of working cocker puppies that will turn up in rescue at around 6 months of age  :-\

Agree with Mel and Helen  :D

It is such a pity that the dogs of so-called 'celebrities' often become 'the' item to have - and there will always be people willing to cash in on the demand  ph34r.

Offline lynnruby

• Donator
  • Ruby
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2012, 02:47:10 PM »
I agree with Mel & Helen too, but have to admit that I hadn't thought about it in that way!!
Lynn

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2012, 02:49:05 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/kate-middleton/9053779/Cocker-Spaniel-puppy-for-Kate-Middleton-and-Prince-William.html

Another one who doesn't give 2 hoots about them....however, I do share the concerns about the chance of it having a negative effect on the breed e.g being seen as the latest fashion accessory.  :-\

But yes, great taste  ;)

With everyone one this. Nice for them but my mind wanders to those puppy farmers rubbing their hands with glee and the poor bitches who will be over bred to meet a fashion.

my thoughts turn to the amount of working cocker puppies that will turn up in rescue at around 6 months of age  :-\

Exactly!
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline karen488

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2012, 03:10:39 PM »

Another one who doesn't give 2 hoots about them....however, I do share the concerns about the chance of it having a negative effect on the breed e.g being seen as the latest fashion accessory.  :-\

But yes, great taste  ;)

They seem like a young active couple who enjoy the outdoors and have exp. Of dogs and cockers. and IMHO are ideal owners. It's not their fault that a bunch of uneducated numpties will copy them.  

They seem like a young active couple who enjoy the outdoors and have exp. Of dogs and cockers. and IMHO are ideal owners. It's not their fault that a bunch of uneducated numpties will copy them.  :huh:

my thoughts turn to the amount of working cocker puppies that will turn up in rescue at around 6 months of age  :-\

Exactly!

Offline JohnW

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2012, 06:13:11 PM »
It looks like the new royals have opted for a cocker spaniel as a private pet, a little black cocker bred by Kate's mother who is apparently a massive cocker fan and owner..... Wonder if they join this site for some advice   ph34r when they ascend the throne it may well be cockers running around Buckingham palace instead of Corgi's  ph34r .....

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2012, 06:35:23 PM »
Oh dear where have you been :005: :005: this thread is already going on general cocker discussions :005: :005: x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2012, 07:27:42 PM »
We were talking about the numpties Karen  ;)
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline Choc-Chip

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2012, 09:05:37 PM »
Just heard tonight on the news that their new Cocker pup is called Lupo. Have to agree about it becoming seen as a fashion accessory. Hopefully it won't though.

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2012, 09:40:45 PM »
How lovely to find out via the primary school children  :luv: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2104382/Lupo-Kate-Middleton-reveals-royal-cocker-spaniel.html

I do understand that it could have a negative effect on people buying dogs because of the hype, and hopefully it won't. I do think it is nice that for a forum of cocker owners the royals have chosen the forum breed  :luv:  :luv:

Offline winewood

• Donator
  • Now in Italy
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2012, 09:26:10 AM »
I looked at the picture this morning and thought is that a working cocker I've improved since joining the Col. I agree with the worries about popularity  problem also the fact that he is called a cocker so its not just working Cockers  at risk . Got to admitt though a worker would suit better with the royal hunting . For those who might remember did the Corgi population rise? All I remember is something about snappy corgis maybe one snapped at someone.
Owned and trained by two mad cockers

Offline dianna1

• http://picasaweb.google.com/sosNron
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2012, 12:23:52 PM »
I'd be interested to see if it is docked.

Could well be used for working  as it certainly has the right connections.

Offline Becky and Wilson

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2012, 10:31:49 AM »
I'd be interested to see if it is docked.

Could well be used for working  as it certainly has the right connections.

On the picture I saw it didn't look docked

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20561263,00.html
Becky - Owned by Wilson(Great Dane), Paisley, Isla, Merfyn (Cockers) the 3 cats and the two rabbits!

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2012, 10:54:04 PM »
Jo, Belle and Monty