Author Topic: Dry food-small kibble  (Read 434 times)

Offline LynznNeil

Dry food-small kibble
« on: October 07, 2012, 10:40:10 AM »
Hey everyone. Just after some help. Our 2 yr old cocker, Scooby has just been trying Arden Grange food for the past few weeks but the last few days has turned his nose up at it. We have tried to soften it which helps as he eats a little but not like he used to eat his previous food from Natural Dog Food Company. We think it might be the size & hardness of the biscuits. We're keen to feed him a decent dry food but are struggling for alternatives. Obviously we're aware of the obvious ones, JWB, Hills, Burns but don't know the type of biscuits in terms of size & hardness. Any help?? His previous food was easier to crunch which had led us to this conclusion.

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
Re: Dry food-small kibble
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 11:21:16 AM »
Our girls are fed Burns. The kibble is quite small (less than 1cm) but I'd say it is quite crunchy. Although I've never tried it myself ;)
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline john51

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 05:26:56 PM »
Acana kibble is small - around 1.3cm in diameter and 0.5cm in height. It is crunchy but I can break it with my fingers if that helps! You can get versions with or without cereal and it has top quality ingredients.
Home of Lenny and the late, great, Dylan.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 05:32:16 PM »
I feed Smudge Burns and as said it is a reasonable size. I dampen it with hot water - but not so it is sloppy.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 10:08:36 PM »
My dog gets Barking Heads, which is small, flat, round kibble (about 1cm by 3mm), and he loves it (he is 5 months old and gets the puppy one - "Puppy Days"). They do free samples (tiny!) so why don't you ask them for one to try it out. They have a range of foods, including one called "Fusspot"... I'm sure they'll send you a couple of different ones.
http://www.barkingheads.co.uk/product/fusspot