Author Topic: William is such a fusspot  (Read 1022 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
William is such a fusspot
« on: October 21, 2012, 09:01:36 PM »
and it's just as well his Auntie Maria (rubydoo) knows him well and loves him because he threw up all over her earlier this evening :o. I was at Maria's house with the dogs and William was sat on the sofa next to Maria, who gave him a treat she found in a pocket. It must have got stuck on the way down because William promptly threw up the treat and his dinner all over Maria's trouser leg. After some necessary cleaning Maria settled down again. William came over looking to jump up next to her, then his little face went all wrinkly, he looked horrified and wouldn't jump up because his Auntie Ria and the sofa SMELLED OF SICK :005: :005:. Nobody could else could smell it but William obviously could and wasn't going anywhere near it, even though it was his.

He was wearing the same expression when he got caught short and had a pee in the back of Maria's car many years ago. When Maria opened the hatchback a tidal wave of pee hit her  :lol2: :lol2: while William daintily sat in the only dry spot with a look of horror on his face :lol2:

The last time he looked at me like that was when I was on a long day out with the dog training club in the New Forest. I needed a pee and had to go behind some trees (hate doing that, but there are no public loos in the middle of the New Forest). William was on lead and stood pulling away from me at the furthest reach of his lead, wearing an expression that clearly told me that what I was doing was just sooo wrong in his opinion :005:

Anybody else have a fusspot?

Offline SophieBlueRoanLover

• Sophie Carr Photography
Re: William is such a fusspot
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 09:02:57 PM »
I don't have a fusspot (yet, anyway), but this made me laugh! I can just imagine the dog's look of disdain!

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 09:09:39 PM »
Oh Elaine that has made me laugh (sorry)  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1: x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 09:23:41 PM »
I know the expression of which you speak Elaine .. Millie too has perfected it... she tiptoes around muddy puddles, looks scared of her own sick and pulls this wrinkled face whilst shrinking away from it!  :lol:
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline Snoo

• Clover, DOB 17/05/11
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 09:32:09 PM »
:005:  :005:  :005: That gave me a giggle,  Elaine!

Clover has a funny fusspot habit - if we are playing ball and she needs a poop, she will drop the ball in the grass and then poop as close to it as she possibly can, almost on top of it sometimes. Then she looks at me and back at the ball and does a little whine like she expects me to rescue the ball. If I tell her to get it herself, the look of utter disgust on her face is a scream -and the other day she actually used her paw to move the ball away from the pile of poop so she could then pick it up in her mouth (the ball, that is, not the pile!) When she is sniffing around the garden and comes across some poop that I have not had chance to pick up she daintily sniffs it and then hurriedly sidesteps it with such a look of revulsion - it's as though she doesn't recognise it as her own!
To know them is to love them.....

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 09:38:04 PM »
Your post has reminded me of something else Snoo.

If I have to put a bag of picked up poo in the back of the car because there isn't a bin handy, William moves as far away from it as he possibly can and gives me that reproachful, hurt look, even though it's his poo :lol2:

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 10:21:38 PM »
 :005: :005: :005:  Oh Elaine you did make me chuckle... and I can imagine the look on Williams face, bless him  :luv: :005:  (And Maria's face as he threw up over her  :005: )
He is such a sensitive soul!  :luv:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 11:12:46 PM »
Sorry, but  :rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:

No, Coco is not a fusspot - she is a mucky little madam with no shame or manners at all  :005:

Sounds like he loves his Auntie Maria and saves his extra special attention just for her  :lol2:

Julie and Watson

Offline SusieY

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 11:37:15 PM »
Not sure if I'd describe it as being a fusspot but Barney quickly sits down and looks very shy and bashful when he has a 'lipstick moment'.  We had an incident this afternoon - MIL is staying with us so I had to explain what was wrong with him.  She looked horrified - I'm not sure she'll be so keen to have cocker cuddles tomorrow  :005: 

Offline DarceyTheDog

• Shutterbugs of shadwell
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 11:40:59 PM »
Darcey is a fusspot if you trump while she's on your lap she will dive to the other side of the room and look at you in discust she will also look at her bum with the same look when she does it. It's hilarious. When pooping she will turn her back to you and look over her shoulder at you as if to say 'your watching me!'  :005:
Katie, Darcey and Mitsy

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 03:31:42 AM »
Why is it that Cockers like privacy (in other words they dont like being watched) when doing their business, but given half a chance will be there in the bathroom/dunny with us when we need to go!!!  :005:

Offline ebony girl

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 07:26:51 AM »
 :005: :005: :005:... This has really made me laugh..... My ebony has a look of shock/ horror when the other 2 younger girls gypsy and Gracie are doing something naughty..... Kind of a "omg mum look what they're doing....and I'm not!!!".... She then shoots them a look as if to say..." you 2 are gonna be in so much trouble, you're giving us cockers a bad name"......  :005:

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 04:33:00 PM »
In the mornings when Ozzy is desperate to wee after being in his pen all night, he goes out of the patio doors and doesn't even take a step before he wees in the doorway.  He then tiptoes around it looking for a dry path back to the door, looking disdainfully at the puddle as if to say 'who did that'? :005:

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 07:35:31 PM »
 :rofl1: :rofl1:  Funny William  :luv: :005:
None of mine are really fusspots as such (exc. the OH  >:D :005:).

I had to do the 'wee behind a bush' down in Cornwall & Jo Jo rolled in it  ph34r :embarassed: :005:  Now i guess thats the opposite of being a fusspot  :005:  Manky Girl  :o :005:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Tiger

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 07:01:47 PM »
Nope monty's not fussy and so far has tried to "cross streams" when the OH went for a pee behind the bushes, has stuck his head between mine and the porcelain throne when I was trying to puke and happily points to his poop when I can't find where he's been in the long grass  :005: