Author Topic: Does your dog(s) have any funny habits?  (Read 3313 times)

Offline mollydubh

• The beautiful Molly Dubh
Re: Does your dog(s) have any funny habits?
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2012, 04:58:46 PM »
Looks like twirling is a cocker trait!  Mollie ALWAYS has to pick up something in her mouth when she greets you and then twirls round and round your legs with it. 

She also has a mad 5 minutes everytime before she does a poo!

My molly does the exact same - when she greets you, she always has to have a toy in her mouth to show you, ah bless, life would be so boring without them  :005:
i strive to be person that my dog thinks i am.....

Offline x Denise x

• Molly & Joey
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2012, 04:16:26 PM »
My Molly always tries to greet you with a slipper a sock or the tv remote,  But joey does something that really makes me laugh when trying to put on his harness to go out he sneezes about 10 times really quickly  he does it every time the harness goes on . don't know if it excitement.  he doesn't sneeze at any other time. I Love there little quirks which make them all different. 

Offline kaycee

• Wow!!!
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2012, 07:00:51 PM »
OH YES!!!! we have a super GOLD RUBY who twirls for anything and also a black mini who squeals & twirls but cant at the moment as she is carrying a heavy load!!!!!must run in the family xxxxx.

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2012, 07:04:48 PM »
OH YES!!!! we have a super GOLD RUBY who twirls for anything and also a black mini who squeals & twirls but cant at the moment as she is carrying a heavy load!!!!!must run in the family xxxxx.

:luv: :005:  sisters hey!  :005:  like peas in a pod!  :005:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2012, 05:14:00 PM »
Not sure if you'd call this a funny habit, but when Ozzy thinks I've bee on the laptop checking out CoL for long enough he jumps up and closes the lid!  Good job I was using a mouse and not the pad thingy on the keyboard or I'd have no fingers to type with!!!!

Offline 7733lily

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2012, 05:31:38 PM »
my youngest is a twirler and barks at the same time only when excited, doesn't usually last for long though just when I come home or its dinner time
eldest boy has a sucking fetish and will hang off the back of your coat or skirt when you come home, just holds on really gently and follows you around...does it to my mum when she comes over too  :005:

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2012, 06:35:56 PM »
Our first dog Cassie had a strange habit. In the evening she would sometimes stand by the door to the hall, wanting to go upstairs. If you caught her eye as you went to open the door, she would then not go upstairs. If you didn't look at her as you opened the door, she'd head upstairs!
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline williamsmum

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2012, 06:45:59 PM »
William's a twirler too. When I am dishing his food out, he sort of hops up and down on his front legs and makes a sort of strangled cry as if he is dying of starvation!  :005: Another habit is when I take my socks off at night, and he will stand in front of me waiting for me to remove them. I then have to fold them together and off he goes with them in his mouth, carries them into his bed and curls up around them.  :luv: Probably his most annoying habit is when I am playing with Rufus, my GSD. He is soooo jealous of him, and if I am throwing one of his toys, William has to dart in between us to grab it, then makes off with it and hides it. Daft dog!

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2012, 06:52:11 PM »
Oh yes i forgot.....Alfie makes a meowing noise when he is waiting for his tea  :P :luv: :005:
Honestly he sounds more like a cat than a dog  :doh: :005:

Keep them coming  :shades:  love reading about all their funny habits  :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline pipsy

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2012, 09:06:38 PM »
My pup leo is getting really rough with my other two dogs,biting the dogs legs,and taking toys off them every time they have one,even though we have quite a few chew ropes and squeakers,i dont know if this behaviour is just puppy behaviour,he has been nipped twice off my other dogs,he pushes himself on them all the time,hes also started to jump up at peoples faces children too,which worries me,I am taking him to puppy training soon,i hope they can sort him out,regards sue

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2012, 09:32:45 PM »
My pup leo is getting really rough with my other two dogs,biting the dogs legs,and taking toys off them every time they have one,even though we have quite a few chew ropes and squeakers,i dont know if this behaviour is just puppy behaviour,he has been nipped twice off my other dogs,he pushes himself on them all the time,hes also started to jump up at peoples faces children too,which worries me,I am taking him to puppy training soon,i hope they can sort him out,regards sue

To be honest I think the above is more to do with puppy behaviour and problems that need tackling, rather than 'funny habits'. Nobody really likes puppies to be behaving in this manner. Perhaps it would be a good idea to start a new topic  in a more appropriate section.

Sorry Mods if I have overstepped the mark - but as I say, I really feel this should be tackled in a more appropriate thread, where pipsy can get some advice?help
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.