Author Topic: Hi, I'm Tess from Tamworth in Staffs - owner of MMM - Millie Molly Mandy!  (Read 5516 times)

Offline MillyMollyMandy

• Site Member
  • Milly Molly Mandy
HELLO you ALL!

God, I didn't expect such a fabulous response, that's great! Sorry it's took so long to reply, I had a hectic evening last night involving both dog and son!

All calm today though, I'm looking for wood to touch!

I'm not sure how I add more pictures, I'm a little bit dim I reckon. Can anyone give me any tips?

Having read your replies and looked at your gorgeous dogs I am now thinking that she must be a working cocker (although she still differs, maybe she'll change even more as she gets older), which may explain her suffering from ADHD - no wonder her and my son get on so well!!  :005:

She is the prettiest thing, no regrets but I'm just relieved not to be working as I'm sure my home would be wrecked by now otherwise. Bless her!

I'm also after some tips on how to discourage her from wildly leaping and jumping up people and sometimes peeing on them. I've had to stop taking her to school when I pick my son up as some of the children are becoming worried. I'm desperately trying to find a training class for her but as I don't drive it's almost impossible!!

Hope to chat to you all again soon  ;)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Welcome back, do I take it you have an ADHD son, you'll find a few of us also have ASD/ADHD and the like.   ;)

I think there are some hints about attaching photos in the threads that always stay at the top (the stickys) took me a while to work it out but got there in end - you'll probably need to upload photos to somewhere like photobucket then you attach the link to your post.

Do you know the breeding of MMM? that's the best way of finding out worker or show, or a bit of both.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline kellyjayne

• Site Member
Welcome to the forum Tess and MMM :D
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.  ~Author Unknown
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.  ~Roger Caras

Offline Letichia

• Site Member
  • Maverick
Hello Tess and MMM

Welcome to COL :D

I have two blue roan cockers called Mollie and Scoobie.
Letichia, Lilly, Polo and Maverick x

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
Hi Tess & MMM,

Welcome to COL! I'm Lucy and i own 2 show cocker girls called Molly & Honey!!

Cant wait to see more pictures of MMM!

x

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline MillyMollyMandy

• Site Member
  • Milly Molly Mandy
Hi, I'm back!

I think I've managed to work out how to add photos, so here goes!
The first one is Millie when she first arrived at 8 wks http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u69/MillieMollyMandy_photos/PICT0576.jpg
The next was taken in March: http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u69/MillieMollyMandy_photos/PICT0768.jpg
and finally the last two taken this last week - she is now nearly 21wks - http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u69/MillieMollyMandy_photos/PICT0820.jpg and http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u69/MillieMollyMandy_photos/PICT0852.jpg

God, I hope they aren't too big!

Some one asked me if my son had ADHD, to be honest with you we still aren't sure, he is currently on the waiting list for proper assessment, but in my view he defo has Dyspraxia with perhaps some other ASD, originally thought to be Aspergers. Anyway, I reckon the best thing I did for him was get his best friend MMM!  :005:

Mod Edit - I'm afraid they were a bit too big.  :lol: Photos need to be resized to a maximum of 640x480 before posting direct onto the forum. You could resize them and edit your post to include them again though.

Offline MillyMollyMandy

• Site Member
  • Milly Molly Mandy
Oh my god they are huge!!! Sorry!!!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
They might be large but they are certainly lovely  :D

Offline MillyMollyMandy

• Site Member
  • Milly Molly Mandy
Hi Jaspers Mom!

Your the one who mentioned ASD to me!

Your dogs are so sweet, I hate to sound disappointed with Millie (be assured I'm not now) but your orange roan is what I originally wanted, stunning, sweet and so munchie.

Have you got any more photos for me to drool  :luv: over?
Thanks, Tess

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
She's certainly a beautiful little girl  :luv: but IMHO a working cocker. 

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Hi Jaspers Mom!

Your the one who mentioned ASD to me!

Your dogs are so sweet, I hate to sound disappointed with Millie (be assured I'm not now) but your orange roan is what I originally wanted, stunning, sweet and so munchie.

Have you got any more photos for me to drool  :luv: over?
Thanks, Tess

You wouldn't want to be too close toniight after they've been in the woods and for a swim - they stink >:D  neither stunning, sweet or munchable ::)

There are times when having a shorter worker type coat comes into its own, much easier when its wet and muddy and a lot less grooming as we find with Louie.  But here's a couple of links to Jasper, including one with my ASD son
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/PB040306.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/P1220197.jpg

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
Hi Tess & Family & MMM (fabulous name!!) :D

Welcome to COL; it's a very addictive site!! ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline jaymac

• Site Member
  • Poppy Puppy
Hi Tess,
I'm quite new here too, and again not too far from you,another one who's just up the M42 in Leicestershire.  We often pop to Tamworth to do a bit of shopping.  In fact we were at Kingsbury Water park at the beginning of the week.

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I'm curious about the difference between working and show cockers.  We weren't told what Poppy is, in fact I just thought she was a pet!  Enlightenment would be most welcome.

Offline Philtrum

• Site Member
    • www.PhilLawrencePhoto.co.uk
Hi Tess

Im another from sunny Tamworth ! .... its amazing how small this world is

Cheers
Phil and Charlie (2 weeks till he comes home)

Offline MillyMollyMandy

• Site Member
  • Milly Molly Mandy
Hi again!

This is a great way to spend your spare time. Mind you, I'm wasting the sunshine doing this, am I mad!!

It was my birthday yest, so I apologise for the delayed response, busy doing family stuff. just for a bit of added chatter, totally irrelevant to COL, but I'm off to an 80's bar in Nuneaton tonight with the girlie's, remind me of my school days!!

I'm waffling, I do tend to do that, slightly off the subject - soz!

Thanx for the welcome Joelf, I think your right this site could easily become addictive!

I looked at your photos Jaspersmom, both your dogs are lovely, as are all the dogs on here, we're all lucky peeps aren't we?! Does you son have a good relationship with them?

I have to ask cindere528 what does IMHO mean - told you I was dim!

Jaymac: I too, didn't realise there was such a thing as a working cocker till Millie and coming on here. Gorgeous though aren't they, I'm wondering if they tend to be more hypo though. So your in Leicestershire, my folks are too, some lovely places around there. But we are fortunate to have Kingsbury Water Park near by, I can't get there however as I don't drive, pretty long walk when you have a child like mine!

Philtrum!! Are you a proper Tammy then? I assume Charlie is your beloved dog, has he been away?

Right, I'm gonna have a chill in the sun now. T-rah for now!
  :shades: