Author Topic: A big hello to everyone  (Read 4481 times)

Offline Laura

• Site Member
A big hello to everyone
« on: January 10, 2004, 08:35:52 PM »
Have decided to join you all after having visited this forum for what seems like months now!  Hello!!"*"!!  :D

I'm Laura a proud owner of a 6 month old Orange Roan called Brogan.

I patiently waited over 10 years to get my pup - took that long to convince hubby!  (My husband has always liked dogs but has feared them after being bitten as a child).  Now he is also a big convert and we are both looking forward to dog number 2 (- once Brogan is a little more mature and trained though)!  Never thought my dream would come true! The wonderful nature of the cocker spaniel  to be thanked for that one!

Look forward to chatting with you all!                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
A big hello to everyone
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 08:41:33 PM »
Welcome, Laura. I'm in Scotland too, and have a 13 week old orange roan boy, Indie.

I'm new to dogs and we planned for ages too, also my dh needed presuading!

Shona x                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
A big hello to everyone
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 09:08:27 PM »
Hiya Laura, welcome to COL  :D  I'm in Scotland to...if your in Fife, I'm just over the Kincardine Bridge  :wink:

I have a 16month old Liver Roan bitch called Buttons...I agree they are an addictive breed...glad to have you on board  :D

Gilly & Buttons                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
A big hello to everyone
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 09:29:21 PM »
Hi Laura,

Yep, you guessed it....another one from Scotland :D   I have 3 cockers - a gold, an orange roan and a black. Hope you enjoy the site.                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
A big hello to everyone
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2004, 09:32:35 PM »
Welcome Laura & Brogan

I'm not from Scotland but from Guernsey, which is the 2nd largest of The Channel Islands :lol: I did visit Scotland for the first time last year though if that counts  :wink:

I waited all my childhood to have a dog and then needed to be rushed in hospital for a blood transfusion before my other half would let me have my first Cocker, but since then I've added another 2.  My frist Sebastian is an Orange Roan and he is 6 1/2, then their is Bart who is a Light Blue Roan he is 4 1/2 and lastly there is Douglas a Steel Blue Roan who is just over 2.

I'm sure you will find everybody on COL very helpful.                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Laura

• Site Member
A big hello to everyone
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2004, 09:36:19 PM »
Hi ya Gilly - took Brogan on his first long car journey to your neck of the woods and beyond!  Drive your way to visit the in-laws and  a friend not so far from you.  Did you get Buttons locally?  Am putting feelers out to see what is around for pup number 2!  Although I am sorely tempted to go back to the same breeder as Brogan is such a star.  Would love a choc or liver roan though!  Hubby loves the black and white.

Hello Shona! So you have also made the big step!  I grew up with dogs but have never had my own before - my parents started off my love affair for cockers when they got Tessa and Kerry (both sadly gone now).  Never expected my hubby to ever give in - so glad that Brogan has been adorable enough to have him smitten as well.  (He's forgotten the nightmares of little teeth already - fantastic how the memory fails after a while - and the hands heal)!!                    
Laura x

Offline Laura

• Site Member
A big hello to everyone
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2004, 09:50:12 PM »
Hello to all  - in and out of Scotland!

Reading my replies and with all us besotted dog owners I think I may have made a false promise to my husband!  I said I would definately not get more than 2 dogs!!! - I can see you all being a bad influence on me!, not putting me off!! Mind, the house would get very full - i also have 3 children, guinea pigs and gerbils!  Can you tell I like to sit down and do nothing all day?!!*"!!

Have any of you tried agility with your dogs?  Brogan and I are booked to have a go 1st May - already needs his mind channeling in one direction or another (- think i may have bought a springer by mistake)!                    
Laura x

Offline Laura

• Site Member
A big hello to everyone
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2004, 09:58:42 PM »
Hello Gill

saw your location after going back on the forum - am very close to you - literally a stone throw over the water!  I started a puppy training class in Dundee this week - will be Brogans first visit this Wednesday coming!  
(Does fantastic at home - now lets throw in a few distractions and watch what happens)!  Am only 5 mile from the bridge!                    
Laura x

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
A big hello to everyone
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2004, 11:19:58 PM »
Well Laura, looks like you and Brogan  have a ready-made circle of cocker friends  :lol:

Nice to have you aboard. Quite a few of our members do agility with their cockers, and it sounds like it's great fun :wink:                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
A big hello to everyone
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2004, 11:36:13 PM »
:D Hi Laura and Brogan

Welcome to COL, I have lots of rellies in Dundee and the outskirts :)   I live in Lancashire, I have a blue roan girl Indie who is 8 months and is just a little darling and we love her to pieces.   I am also starting agility with Indie once she has turned one :)  

I am sure you will find the site useful and everyone on here is truly madly deeply in love with the little merry cocker :D  

Look forward to reading your posts in the future!                    

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
A big hello to everyone
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2004, 12:21:06 AM »
Hello Laura, welcome to COL :D

I have a blue roan called Lottie who is almost 16 months old now.  Sounds like you all live pretty close to each other up there :wink:

Mary                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
A big hello to everyone
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2004, 03:20:44 PM »
Hello and welcome Laura. :D

I don't live in Scotland but wish I did. :lol:                    

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
A big hello to everyone
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2004, 10:16:10 AM »
Hello Laura and Brogan. I live in Cheshire so don't get to Scotland much :)  I've got an Orange Roan girlie called Phoebe and she's now 17 months old - how time flies!                    
Anita

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
A big hello to everyone
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2004, 12:04:05 PM »
Hi Laura and Brogan,

Welcome from one newbie to another,  I'm luckily owned by Laney - 3yrs, Jessica -  4 yrs, Lace - 12yrs and not forgetting Sasha the Welshie - 6 yrs.  We don't Live in Scotland unfortunately, but Laney's dad comes from there :)

Toriexx                    
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
A big hello to everyone
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2004, 01:28:55 PM »
Hi Laura and Brogan, Welcome aboard :D

Like the name Brogan.

Tracey :D                    
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None