Author Topic: Hi  (Read 820 times)

Offline yaker28

Hi
« on: May 25, 2008, 10:27:05 PM »
Just thought I'd say Hi and introduce myself and my Cocker Spaniel, Nobby.  He is 9 months old and we have had him since he was 10 weeks old.  He is a lively little chap and spoilt rotten by both myself, my girlfriend and my parents, he really is one of the family.  My parents have pictures of their grand children on the wall and he has the centre picture spot.  His favourite past time is chasing butterflies and leaves.  He is my first dog and I can't believe how attached I have come to him.  I work away for two weeks at a time, so when I'm home for my two weeks off he comes nearly everywhere with me.  He is not just my pet, but also my best mate.  The local pub is dog friendly, so he even comes there with me/us!

Offline angelbaby

• Site Member
  • My love, my life, my cocker spaniel
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 10:37:13 PM »
welcome, pics pics pics!!!!  my cocker is also very rarely not with me! i miss him too much to leave him at home :lol2:
My little angel, sent to me in my time of need, i love you with every piece of my broken heart xx
My beautiful boy xx

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 10:40:20 PM »
Hello and welcome!

Nobby is the same age as our pup - Honey (an Orange Roan, 3/4 working strain).
COL has been very handy over the last few months, and I'm sure you'll find it a great site!
 :D

It's great being able to take the dog to the pub, isn't it!?!
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline yaker28

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 11:13:58 PM »
I can't work out how to put a photo on?  I tried the insert image icon, but can't work out how to get the image on?

Due to me working away I have got used to leaving him for two weeks at a time, but I love to make up for the lost time.  My partner is dreading us leaving him for a holiday we have soon.  She hasn't really left him for any amount of time yet.  We have been away for the odd night from him and she can't wait to pick him up from my parents before we have left Great Yarmouth where my parents live!  He loves it at my parents as they are both retired and he also gets to see my nieces and nephews who adores their 'cousin'.

Nobby is blue roan and loves everyone and everything, which is also his down fall.  When we're on our own he will come back to us and listen to all our commands.  If he sees another person or a dog or a cat then he's off investigating and wanting play and have a fuss made of him.  As for taking the dog to the pub, it's brilliant!  He gets loads of fuss and attention and we get to get away from house and relax.  It's our first summer with Nobby and we have already done so much more and been to so many more places than we normally would.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 11:18:20 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL

You need to use a photo-hosting site like Photobucket to post pics on here.  Once you have set up the account (it is free!) it is very quick and easy to use  :D  This thread explains how to do it:

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=15703.0

I know what you mean about taking your pup everywhere - Coco is nearly always with me and she makes friends everywhere we go  :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline yaker28

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 11:32:11 PM »
Thanks, I'll get registering and get some pics up!