Author Topic: New to forum with new rescue cocker...  (Read 4794 times)

Offline Spangles

• Site Member
Re: New to forum with new rescue cocker...
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 04:17:32 PM »

Oh what an awfully sad and horrible situation, poor woman and poor doggy being used as a tool in his evilness, I can't imagine anything worse than having to stand by and watch someone abuse your dog.  :'( :'(

Thankfully her pain and suffering are over now, lets hope that poor woman's is also.

Really looking forward to seeing some piccys of Phoebe. :luv:
Love me, love my dogs

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 05:01:23 PM »

Oh what an awfully sad and horrible situation, poor woman and poor doggy being used as a tool in his evilness, I can't imagine anything worse than having to stand by and watch someone abuse your dog.  :'( :'(

Thankfully her pain and suffering are over now, lets hope that poor woman's is also.

Really looking forward to seeing some piccys of Phoebe. :luv:

What Spangles said...soooo pleased you rescued her and hope you have many happy years together  :luv:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 05:11:03 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL :D

Wishing you all the luck in the world with Phoebe :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Lilly's Mum

• Lilly and Harvey
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 05:16:42 PM »
Would like to add my hello as well. I am totally shocked that someone could be so cruel  what a horrid man >:D

hope you and Phoebe (great name by the way) will be happy and feel very welcome here.

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 07:10:46 PM »
Hello & welcome to COL.    Really sad to hear all that Phoebe and her previous owner have been through   :'(  .....but sooooo
glad that found each other :luv:   She's still a baby so hopefully the scars will fade & with ur love she will grow to be the happy little dog she should be. Good luck to you all and well done you for rescuing her  :luv: :luv: :luv:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 07:14:27 PM »
Hello & welcome to COL.    Really sad to hear all that Phoebe and her previous owner have been through   :'(  .....but sooooo
glad that found each other :luv:   She's still a baby so hopefully the scars will fade & with ur love she will grow to be the happy little dog she should be. Good luck to you all and well done you for rescuing her  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Ditto to this. 

Apparently it is very common in cases of domestic violence for the animals to be abused too - as has been said, just another way to hurt the victim  :'( :'(  Still things are on the up for Phoebe now - hope you have many happy years together.  :D  Would love to see some pics and look forward to hearing about her progress  :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline BettyBoo

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 07:21:30 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL :D Poor Phoebe to have gone through such a terrible time :'(. It sounds like she has found a lovely new home with you :luv:
Barbara, Betty & Millie x

Offline Cath

• Site Member
  • Breagh
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 08:52:46 PM »
Hi and welcome to you and Phoebe, I am so glad she has found you and her new happy life has started, I hope it has also for the lady that previously owned her. I am sure you will find lots of support and information here on COL and you will be addicted to the forum before you know it  ;)

Good luck and many happy years with Phoebe, looking forward to seeing photos of her in time.

Murron

Nothing beats the unconditional love of our doey eyed spaniels.
Cath, Breagh, Caoimhe and my angel at the bridge Milly.

Offline babycavlove

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 07:10:10 AM »
Thank you all so much for such a lovely warm welcome!!! We had an ok first night with Phoebe, she cried when we laft her downstairs and i know we shouldve ignored it....but i just couldnt!! I just want her to be happy so she slepy upstairs with us in our room!!! She did try jumping all over us on the bed but she obviously wasnt going to settle so we kept her off the bed. She was pacing around on and off all night but was quiet. Shes like a little puppy today!!!!! Wagging her entire body!!!! Shes such a sweet sweet girl and we are so glad to have found her. :luv:

Carrie, Cooper, Pippa, Arnold and my special little girl Phoebe!!xxxxxxxx

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 07:33:32 AM »
A huge welcome to you and phoebe  :luv: What a lucky girl she is to have been taken in by you, what a rotten start to her life  :'( :'( It is amazing how quickly they learn to love and trust, we have an ex-abused lab a few doors along from us and you would never know it to see her now she just loves everyone  :luv:
Looking forward to seeing pics of your new addition  ;)
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 11:09:04 AM »
Hi and welcome

So pleased to hear that Phoebe has found such a wonderful forever home after her horrid start in life. We have a rescue boy, Alfie, who had been neglected rather than abused, and he has a few issues which got worse after his honeymoon phase, but like you we are amazed daily by the increasing amounts of trust he puts in us. Each new step is amazing - the first lick, the first roll onto the back etc. We have had him 5 months, and he has only just started putting his head right back to let us stroke his neck!

Im sure your family and Phoebe are going to bring a lot of happiness to each other  :luv:  :luv: Please keep us updated with lots of stories (and hopefully photos!)

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 11:30:51 AM »
Hi and welcome, it's fantastic that you have found each other. I hope you all share some great years together and put the past firmly behind you all. I do hope her female owner is ok and has managed to find her way out just as Phoebe has, they both deserve a new start in life.

Offline Surfer Rosa

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 03:08:16 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL. I hope you, your family and Phoebe have a lovely life together.  :luv:
Eddie, Jake, Setomooncalf and Yoshi
AKA: Abraham Stinkin', Russell Bustle, Jimmy 'The Chin' Smellynellio and Googly Puff.

Offline Cockertime Blues

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 06:04:00 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL. I hope you, your family and Phoebe have a lovely life together.  :luv:
What Surfer said.  And well done you.  I love happy beginnings.  Hope the poor lady gets sorted too.

Offline little_jack

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »
Hello and welcome. Such a sad story, poor Phoebe. So glad she has found a wonderful, loving home now  :luv: