Author Topic: Planning our puppy  (Read 4479 times)

Offline mum2milly

• Inactive
  • Jumbi Speed Queen, "Milly" xx
Re: Planning our puppy
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 05:46:09 PM »
Many congratulations on finding your little blue roan puppy! You must be thrilled :D
Hope the time passes quickly for you. Don't forget your camera when you go to see him!
Have you come up with any names yet? There's been a couple of threads on here ref naming pups (incase you need inspiring  ;))

Love Jo & Milly xx

Offline VinesFamily

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 09:51:34 PM »
Living with my husband and two boys who are great Doctor Who and Torchwood fans, we
have had Ianto and Captain Jack Dogginess suggested.  I have vetoed them both and am off to find the
thread on names for inspiration! Sensible ones...

Offline woodlander

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 11:48:02 AM »
Welcome Vines Family.  We have Sweep who is a nearly 2 year old working type girlie.  We live in Poole and are often to be found on the beach at Branksome and Sandbanks chasing seagulls!! :005:

How exciting a new pupster!

Offline VinesFamily

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 09:05:49 PM »
Just to update you all.  We packed the kids in the car and drove for an hour and forty five minutes to view our
new puppy to find - no one at home. We phoned and phoned and got no answer. We waited an hour and came home.
We phoned and e-mailed and just got an e-mail back to say they have given our puppy to a family member.  So we wasted a day and I have two distraught kids.  Sympathy much needed in our house today.  The kids had told everyone about their new puppy!!

Offline gabbycocker

• Donator
  • Gorgeous Gabby
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 09:12:27 PM »
Hi I live in South West London with my OH, four children and our two cocker spaniels - Gabby & Pepper.

I am so sorry to hear about your journey today. You must all be so disappointed.

I cannot believe that the people did not have the decency to call you to tell you that there had been a change in their plan.

If I was you I would put it down to bad luck and if they did this to you now, what support would they have been if you had got the puppy. There are so many lovely breeders out there - I am sure you will find your puppy soon.

Having four children myself, I know how disappointed they would have been.
Kerry & Gabby xxxxxx

"My little dog---a heartbeat at my feet." - Edith Wharton

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 09:13:25 PM »
Oh no, that is awful :o. Your poor kids must be heartbroken - the least the breeder could have done was get in touch to let you know >:(. I'm sure your perfect pup is out there somewhere - I hope you aren't waiting for him too long :blink:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 09:15:08 PM »
Hi I live in South West London woth my OH, four children and our two cocker spaniels - Gabby & Pepper.

I am so sorry to hear about your journey today. You must all be so disappointed.

I cannot believe that the people did not have the decency to call you to tell you that there had been a change in their plan.

If I was you I would put it down to bad luck and if they did this to you now, what support would they have been if you had got the puppy. There are so many lovely breeders out there - I am sure you will find your puppy soon.

Having four children myself, I know how disappointed they would have been.

Agree - that is very annoying though  >:D  I hope you find your perfect puppy soon.  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Sprinkles

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2009, 09:17:42 PM »
Thats terrible! I'm in Oxford and getting my pup Sat 5th! I can PM you her details if you like.
Jo slave to the Cocker! ;)

Offline AnnieA

• Donator
  • Ted!
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2009, 09:31:36 PM »
How awful! Your children (and you) must be so dissappointed!

Your pup IS out there, sometimes the path just isn't as smooth as we'd like  >:(

Sleep tight Henry, our little snuggle puppy :luv:

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 09:50:56 PM »
You have all my sympathy  :'(
& I'm surprised your post is so restrained when you've just been treated so badly today  >:D IMO the 'breeder' has done you a favour as I don't think they are honest, sincere or reliable to be able to do that to anyone.......that pup was obviously not meant to be & your new little pup is out there somewhere & I'm sure you'll find each other soon  ;) :luv: (little consolation to your kids I know  :'( )

(when buying my eldest her 1st car, a few years ago, we drove over 21/2 hours to collect it (after checking all was well, before leaving!) only to get there & be caught in the middle of a family domestic & was told that the car wasn't for sale & the DD had done it to spite her mum  >:D >:D  I cried all the way home.....but a few days later we found her a car locally, which was so much better than the other one)

......all will turn out well, you'll see  ;) :luv: :-*
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 09:52:53 PM »
That's a rotten thing for them to do to you, but sounds like you have had a lucky escape, as I doubt they would have been decent people and you wouldn't have had any support or back up from them. >:(

It just wasn't meant to be, but the pup for you will come along soon. :luv:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline bajoleth

• My Beautiful Belle.
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 11:00:36 PM »
How thoughtless some people can be >:D I agree that you probably had a lucky escape as they don't sound reputable to me >:( I feel for you trying to explain it to your kids as I also have 4 and I know how dissapointed they would be and its so hard for little ones to understand esp when you don't really understand their behaviour :-\ Don't despair your perfect puppy is out there and he/she will find you :luv:
Jo, Belle and Monty

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 07:48:12 AM »
How disappointing for all of you. I'm appalled that the breeder couldn't even be bothered to contact you and let you know.

It's a horrible setback, but like everyone else has said, maybe it will work out for the best in the end. Your puppy to be is out there somewhere.

Offline puppy love

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 03:17:26 PM »
It obviously wasn't meant to be  :'( but that doesn't mean much to your distraught kids. How rude....... You will get your puppy soon and this horrible blip will fade into the background  >:(
Mims Saffs & Ins xxx

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2009, 04:25:34 PM »
I know it doesn't seem it to you atm but in all honesty it sounds like you have had a 'lucky escape'.  ph34r  Its unforgiveable to not even bothering to contact you and let you know that the circumstances had changed.  I doubt very much if you would have had any back up from this breeder and without a doubt no life long support. :huh:

Sorry your children are obviously upset.  :'(  The right puppy will come along for you all.  :blink:   

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie