Author Topic: Mad moments!!  (Read 2217 times)

Offline Natalielouise56

Mad moments!!
« on: October 23, 2017, 11:55:18 AM »
Just wondered if anybody else's puppies have moments of absolute madness? I mean like full on crazy mode- Joey will do his every now and then and it lasts for about two minutes. He seems happy as his tail is wagging but he will spin in circles, fling himself around, roll in the mud, bark, bite his own tail and anything else! He then calms down and looks at you as if to say 'What?'  :005:
Think it's when he's tired or needs a poo...we leave him to it and he always calms down eventually! Just wondered if anybody else's does this?! Hopefully it's fairly normal puppy behaviour?!

Offline ips

Re: Mad moments!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 12:01:42 PM »
Just wondered if anybody else's puppies have moments of absolute madness? I mean like full on crazy mode- Joey will do his every now and then and it lasts for about two minutes. He seems happy as his tail is wagging but he will spin in circles, fling himself around, roll in the mud, bark, bite his own tail and anything else! He then calms down and looks at you as if to say 'What?'  :005:
Think it's when he's tired or needs a poo...we leave him to it and he always calms down eventually! Just wondered if anybody else's does this?! Hopefully it's fairly normal puppy behaviour?!

Sounds normal cocker to me 😁

We had to occasionally restrain ours when she "went off on one" for fear of her hurting herself running around the house at warp speed jumping on and off chairs and walls, she was like the Tasmanian devil 😁  she rarely if ever does it now (3yrs and 4 mths) 👍
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline bmthmark

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 12:11:42 PM »

Yes this is completely normal. Mine does this every morning, he seems to do it when he has a build up of energy and he just explodes and runs around like a nutter.
Once he has let it out of the system he calms down and back to normal  :lol2:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 12:31:05 PM »
My little cockapoo Toby (20 months) does this mainly when he needs a poop or sometimes just for the sheer fun of it.

I think all mine have done it in their younger years and occasionally still go into 'mad cocker mode' just because they can.  :banana: :011:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Natalielouise56

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »
Phew...glad it's 'normal' and he's not the only one! He always seems happy when he does it and isn't aggressive or anything which is good. Now it's just the never ending battle of muddy floor, clean floor, muddy floor, clean floor!!  :005: >:D

Offline PennyB

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 01:18:37 PM »
Yep - most pups do whatever their breed or Xbreed - I once had a staffyX who woudl do this at the same time every day LOL - I used to stand back and let him get on with it as he wasn't listening to me either
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 01:22:15 PM »
Google "Zoomies"........ ;) - its normal, but cockers do it best!! :lol:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 05:04:52 PM »
Google "Zoomies"........ ;) - its normal, but cockers do it best!! :lol:

Absobloominlutely they do  :cool4: :happydance:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 05:31:37 PM »
it gets better when they start on the "wall of death" routine utilizing the sofa and chairs  :fear2:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 07:36:42 PM »
Stay out of the way of the rocket dog and enjoy the show!  :005:

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 08:56:41 PM »
Teal 5 years old and we still get zoomies once or twice a week must admit we don't get the wall off death like we did for the first couple of years
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Offline sodpot2000

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 01:44:44 PM »
Buster loves his zoomies. We tend to shelter in doorways!

If someone is sat on the sofa in the conservatory he likes to use the back (as close to the occupant as possible) as a springboard for the next circuit. To those of a delicate or nervous disposition the sight of a hairy black missile, sometimes just out of the bath, airborne and incoming can be a little disconcerting!

Offline Ambler54

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 02:49:01 PM »
Zoomies....at 2 Rosie still has 'zoomie' moments.Had a moment on the beach watched by two gents with cockers, as they went by one said ' zoomies' and rolled His eyes.......

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 05:11:50 PM »
I came home once to find Bea doing her wall of death, mum was sat feet under her on the armchair not knowing what to do :005:

I love Zoomies, as others have said sit back and enjoy the show :luv:

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 09:17:55 PM »
Our 9 year old has only recently stopped doing this  :005: and our nearly 4 year old is an expert at the zoomies  :005:
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope