Author Topic: Which camera, DSLR or bridge?  (Read 4236 times)

Offline panda66

• Donator
Which camera, DSLR or bridge?
« on: February 07, 2014, 09:23:08 PM »
Have been reading reviews for months and wondered if anyone has an opinion on which camera would be best for taking mainly dog, children, landscape related photos please?  :huh:

At the moment it is between the Nikon 3200 DSLR because of the picture quality and the Panasonic Lumix FZ200 bridge camera as it is supposed to be good for wildlife and it has zoom.  They are both about the same weight.

If you take pics with a DSLR can you zoom and crop with a decent result?  :D

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Which camera, DSLR or bridge?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 10:10:52 PM »
if you have not looked already, go to jessops.com. on their site you can find all the pro and cons of each type.
 I have a bridge camera, Fuji S4000 (which is used for dogs,dogs and the occasional dog photos etc :005:) I also found going to the actual makers web sites useful. Before buying mine on the internet i did go with my short list to PC world and local camera shops to get the feel of my chosen camera. Some fit nice in your hand (fuji's, and others) and some dont. you want one that is comfy to hold. Good luck and take your time chosing  :blink:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Emilyoliver

Re: Which camera, DSLR or bridge?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 12:22:47 AM »
I have just got a Nikon p520 bridge after trying to decide between that and a dslr for ages.  While dslr can do so much more it boiled down to what I would actually get the most use out of. Truth is, I do a lot of walking with my dogs (and this is usually when I see things I'd like to photograph) and couldn't see myself wanting to carry around a camera + selection of lenses (in addition to water, dummies and whatever else i usually take). I also couldn't see myself sitting/ standing still long enough setting up that perfect shot. Have seen what the bridge can do and think it is a good compromise. Perhaps one day when I have more spare time I might invest in a dslr, but for now the bridge will hopefully suit my requirements. Good luck with your decision. I found the staff at jessops very helpful, and as Min says - go into a shop and pick them all up and feel how heavy they are and what suits you personally.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie