Author Topic: New girl  (Read 853 times)

Offline kaz60

New girl
« on: November 17, 2014, 10:26:11 PM »
Hi, just want to introduce myself. My name is Karen and We are collecting our 9 week old cocker spaniel on Saturday. I'm excited, nervous, scared, apprehensive but can't wait. We had a show cocker for 14 years but 4 years ago we had to have him put to sleep, he was the most gentle, loyal, faithful companion and I missed him dreadfully. We have decided to call our new pup Arthur. I have been reading up on toilet training, biting, sleep arrangements and training in general, I think I must stop reading now as I'm getting overwhelmed! I'm not looking forward to the toilet training but I know it doesn't last long and it's just a stage to go through, no doubt I will be on here asking for your invaluable advice. Xx

Offline Neil

Re: New girl
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 10:30:48 PM »
Welcome and good luck! Hope you'll post some photos once you get him home.

Offline Mandy and Teddy

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 03:58:39 AM »
Hi Karen,
Puppies are just so lovely I think the toilet training is a fair price to pay for the snuggles and laughs and cute factor.
Can't wait to "meet" Arthur.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 07:56:14 AM »
Hi and welcome to COL :D

Is your new boy a show type or a worker? I love the name Arthur :luv:

Offline kaz60

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 08:24:55 AM »
Hi, Arthur is a show type. He is gorgeous (but I am biased!) his mom was lovely, very gentle and placid so I'm hoping Arthur will inherit those genes or is that wishful thinking! He is white and brown ticked, he has a little brown patch on his head and two bigger brown patches on his body. I have been gathering bits and bobs for him and gearing myself up for many trips out to the garden! When I have learnt how to put photos up I will introduce him to you. Xx

Offline JackieT

• Ziggy - working cocker
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 12:11:19 PM »
Hello. We are a couple of weeks in front of you - we've had our mad, lovely boy for 8 weeks now and can't remember life without him. Looking forward to hearing all about Arthur. Cool name too.  :blink:

Offline sue33

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 11:04:02 AM »

Hi Karen, our boys must be about the same age, Toby & Smudge were born on 1st September, has your Arthur had his second jab yet?  Ours have got theirs on the 8th Dec, can't wait to take them out properly  :lol:

Offline kaz60

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 11:14:04 AM »
Hi, Arthur is due his 2nd jab in a fortnights time then we can take him out Christmas Eve, how are you getting on? It's hard work with one so it must be double that with 2! Arthur hates it when I walk out of the room, he goes berserk. I am persevering with it as he has to learn to be left. He is lovely but I must admit I'm finding it really hard and do ask myself what have I done! Good luck with your 2.

Karen

Offline sue33

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 11:26:25 AM »

aaah bless, yes they do cry when we leave them but they are only little aren't they!  Our boys have runny bottoms but I seem to be getting on top of that now, changing to dry food and with a little help from the vets.  They do love cuddling up to each other, I was busy in the kitchen last night and they were under my feet but then I looked round and Smudge was just sitting watching and Toby had his head on Smudge's shoulder, nodding off - so sweet  :luv: they just want lots of love and cuddles at the moment.  Oh and half hour chasing after each other play fighting  :005:

I'm sure it'll get easier, once they completely settle in and feel part of the family, we can take ours out on the 15th, bet it'll be wet & windy, we have bought them jumpers but still need to get collars and leads ...