Cocker Specific Discussion > Oldies (Over 9s)

Old lady with sore eyes

(1/2) > >>

rubyduby:
My poor old girl(13 1/2) suffers from sore eyes, no obvious reason, but she often has the 2nd eyelid halfway up the eye, been to the vets 3 times and they just guess, initially antibiotic cream, then gel for dry eye, then eye drops, they dont seem able to find out what is wrong, but having said that they havent really tried and I wont take her back as its stresses her very very much. The eyes feel warm, and she gets globs of eye mucus in and around her eyes which sometimes stops her seeing where she is going till I clean it off  and she does sometimes rub them , but I know even with dry eye they get some form of discharge, would appreciate any ideas suggestions

Toofast:
Eye problems can be so very painful, she must have some sort of relief!!

I always use a "carbomer"gel if we have any scratched or sore eyes, (recommended by our vet ).
The gel is much better than the natural tears because it does not run straight out of the eye and it remains as a soothing gel for much longer.
Check on Amazon or ebay. My vet says Amazon is much cheaper than  him prescribing it.

It may not cure the problem but she will get some longer lasting relief.

Mudmagnets:

--- Quote from: Toofast on October 09, 2023, 09:52:14 PM ---Eye problems can be so very painful, she must have some sort of relief!!

I always use a "carbomer"gel if we have any scratched or sore eyes, (recommended by our vet ).
The gel is much better than the natural tears because it does not run straight out of the eye and it remains as a soothing gel for much longer.
Check on Amazon or ebay. My vet says Amazon is much cheaper than  him prescribing it.

It may not cure the problem but she will get some longer lasting relief.

--- End quote ---

This link maybe useful in that case, hope it helps: https://www.vetuk.co.uk/eye-products-c-663/lubrithal-eye-gel-10g-tube-p-1064

Toofast:
I have just had a look on ebay and they have some good prices especially for multi-buys.

rubyduby:
She is on Optixcare eye lube which is a gel, for dry eye, but dont even know if that is the issue.....vets just take the money and do nothing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version