Author Topic: Working Cocker in heat  (Read 601 times)

Offline CHIC

• Site Member
Working Cocker in heat
« on: October 10, 2006, 11:40:52 PM »
Hi

How do you know when your dog is going into heat?

My Meg has just turned 6 months.  So i think she is due to go into heat but how do I definately tell?

Cheers

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
Re: Working Cocker in heat
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 11:44:10 PM »
You will know she will have a blood stained discharge and that is usually the first sign. her vulva will also swell. But saying that i once had a bitch who never bled when in heat
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline lyn

• Site Member
Re: Working Cocker in heat
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 09:46:05 AM »
You will know she will have a blood stained discharge and that is usually the first sign. her vulva will also swell. But saying that i once had a bitch who never bled when in heat

omg nic, how did you cope? maisie used to bleed quite heavy so we always knew when she was in season.she also would be very quiet and a bit grumpy.
i thought ellie was going to have a season at about 6 months.she nests with her teddies and tries to hatch them.still no sign but coz paddy is here i am being very vigilant.i was worried i may have to have them both here when her season does arrive.paddy will be going to leannes to stay until it's all over but then i started worrying about  what if for some reason i can't get him there when i need to so i now have a crate here.just in case :005: