Author Topic: 6am Morning Blues!!!!  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Busters Dad

• Site Member
6am Morning Blues!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2004, 07:48:47 PM »
It is nice to know that there are plenty of other Cocker owners going through their daily routines with matchsticks propping up their eyelids.
Buster is now 12 weeks old and manages to sleep for around 4 hours on average before informing us of his requirements.
We reckon that as Buster is on a complete puppy dry food he drinks a considerable amount of water. This in turn means that his little bladder can only manage four hours before it needs emptying.
We try to time going to bed around 10.00 p.m. so that we only have to get up once in the night to cater for his needs.
Hopefully, as he gets older, he may be able to sleep right through the night.
He is still a little darling though.  :wink:
Mike, Tina and Buster.                    

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
6am Morning Blues!!!!
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2004, 12:04:14 PM »
Quote from: "allison cain"
I found that allowing Sally to come upstairs and sleep on the landing or in our bedroom stopped all the early morningwake up calls :o , in fact this morn she was lay on the bottom of my bed till 9am :D  :D

That's the answer.  

When Robin was a puppy, he slept in the kitchen & he dug the kitchen floor up!  I can't remember when or why, but I eventually had the dogs upstairs to sleep in my bedroom. Bess often wakes up & asks to go out (she often needs both a wee & a poo in the middle of the night) & Dillon usually wakes about 6 am & needs to go out then as well.  Once they've been out & done what they need to, they settle down to sleep in the bedroom again.