Author Topic: Colour of my Blue Roan  (Read 2278 times)

Offline spottiemagpie

• Site Member
Colour of my Blue Roan
« on: March 25, 2004, 03:31:59 PM »
hi,

My pup Spot was born black and white, in fact he had just one black spot  on August 19 last year. As he kept growing, he became darker..a really beautiful blue roan colour...but now he's almost completely black except for a few white streaks!! Is this a common phenomenon?? Is it likely that he may turn white again?? He does seem to be growinga FEW more white hairs now...
thanks
nonie :?:                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Colour of my Blue Roan
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 03:38:42 PM »
When his puppy coat comes out you will see some more of his markings again although he won't be as light as he was a small pup. Misty, now 10months, also went completely black and it was a nice surprise to see the different patches and bits of grey when I took the puppy coat out. That was about 2 months ago and she's started going really dark again now, time for another trim I think. :D                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Colour of my Blue Roan
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 03:57:43 PM »
Actually... :wink:  I know exactly what you mean!  When Indie was a pup, she was all white except for two black spots on her back :lol:   Now shes mostly black with two grey spots on her back :?  :D                    

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Colour of my Blue Roan
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 04:47:34 PM »
I've always wondered how Indie will end up, he's an orange roan. He was cream with a few tan payches, and freckly legs, and a bit white flash on his head, which is almost gone - he looks gold on the head now, with a tiny white flash.

His coat is coming in more tan, with some hairs being tan at the root, and white/cream at the ends! Who knows?!

Shona                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Colour of my Blue Roan
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 04:48:12 PM »
Actually... :wink:  I know exactly what you mean!  When Indie was a pup, she was all white except for two black spots on her back :lol:   Now shes mostly black with two grey spots on her back :?  :D

I think your Indie has a stunning colour of coat, just beautiful.                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)

Offline picklesmum

• Site Member
Colour of my Blue Roan
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 10:31:11 PM »
On a similar note, Pickle (dark blue roan) had his first ''haircut' last week, and we couldn't believe he was the same pup! He went from an almost-black shaggy sheep to a beautifully coiffed silvery-blue roan show dog! What a transformation! His breeder/groomer said the black was just his puppy fluff, and he has lots of the lovely silver coat underneath.
However, a week later his black fluff seems to be growing in again - wish my hair grew that fast! Think he'll be back at the groomers within a month. Definitely a high-maintainance hound methinks!
Emma and Pickle xx                    

Offline Luvlylady

• Site Member
Colour of my Blue Roan
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 12:17:11 AM »
yup all blue roans start out white then black patches come and then they get darker and darker and darker , if you look in the rogues gallery i have  pic of bella about 6 7 months old with alot of puppy fluff black as anything then under particolours you can see shes turned into a steel grey :) its probably justpuppy fluff and will come out leaving the silvery colour , may be light or dark :)                    

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
Colour of my Blue Roan
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 07:38:27 PM »
Bailey was like that too. As a puppy he was white with black patches, a lovely blue roan color, but now he's completely black except from a few white patches on his head and on his tummy. I suppose it's normal.                    
From Georgie and Bailey xxx