Author Topic: Where does the time go?  (Read 745 times)

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
Where does the time go?
« on: November 10, 2011, 01:33:33 PM »
Just been looking at photo's of my gorgeous girlies poppy and pebbles  :luv:  and now I wish I hadn't :'( I remember going for them :luv: picking pebbles out of the litter and being super excited about getting her :luv: poppy was 6 months when we got her, we rehomed her from a family who's circumstances changed. Well now I'm in bits cause I can't help but wonder where oh where did 14 years go  :'( :'( from being a gorgoues puppy to being a grand old lady  :'( :'( I wish I could do all again with them  :luv: :luv: I know I have phoebe and mia, but pops and pebs were my soul mates and now they are gone :'( :luv: :luv: x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline Carolynleah

Re: Where does the time go?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 02:32:22 PM »
I look back at photos of my old girl Deli and wonder where all the years went - we had for eleven and a half years.  Will is now eleven and a half and I wonder how long I will have him.  However, there will always be another little face asking for a good home - and hopefully Nerys will be with me for many years to come.

Offline Ralu A

• Elmo
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 02:39:51 PM »
I can imagine how you're feeling :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: Try to think that they had a wonderful life with you and they were happy in the best possible place for them :luv:
Life is just better with two cockers :D
Raluca, Elmo and Scai
IMG_33556 by Ralu A

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 02:45:06 PM »
Aw Diane
 Hugs for you from me!
I know exactly how you feel;
when it had got to Halloween and
it was 2 of my bridge babies
birthday I was gutted and spent a
lot of the day either in tears or close
to it and I've still got the other 2 to come :'(
steffxxx

Offline c19unn

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 03:16:42 PM »
Aww man im so emotional these days :( I am in tears just reading the pain of your loss from your post

When i think of something happening to diesel i automatically well up :(

AWW BIG HUGE  :bigarmhug:

And dont be sad - i bet they had an absolute ball with you when they were here  :luv: :luv: :luv:
My Mummy's name is Charlene
My name is Diesel

Diesel DOB:16-04-11

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 04:20:39 PM »
 the pic of your girl on the bottom of your page looks so much like my girl Kizzy who i lost at 14 yrs this june, and every time i go on my computer there is a picture of Bruno, my boy who i lost in August this year  :'( :'( , i still look at them now especially Bruno and cannot believe they are gone, it was harder with him somehow because he was 11 and had lymphoma and and to me he was too young to go, we have a slide show of the dogs on the screensaver and sometimes i want to take it off for obvious reasons,  but just cant  :luv: :luv:
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline Neon

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 04:31:03 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: Di, they're not "gone" - they are in the clouds, the stars, the moonshine, the soft breeze, the trees, the first snowflakes of winter, in fact everywhere we look.  We carry them safely in our hearts forever.  They are only with us a short time but they make a massive impact on our hearts, souls and life.  I still look at videos of Charl and Jarv and wonder how the time has gone so quickly.  I can still see them as tiny pups, I still live the days we bought them home.  True love never dies.   :luv: :luv:

(RIP Charlie and Jarvis - Love You Both Forever)  :luv: :luv:

Offline Evadee

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 06:11:20 PM »
:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: Di, they're not "gone" - they are in the clouds, the stars, the moonshine, the soft breeze, the trees, the first snowflakes of winter, in fact everywhere we look.  We carry them safely in our hearts forever.  They are only with us a short time but they make a massive impact on our hearts, souls and life.  I still look at videos of Charl and Jarv and wonder how the time has gone so quickly.  I can still see them as tiny pups, I still live the days we bought them home.  True love never dies.   :luv: :luv:

What a lovely post  :luv:

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 08:17:43 PM »
It is 21 years today that we brought our last cocker, Sophie, home.  It feels like yesterday.  She is upstairs in a lovely box and I have given her lots of kisses today and told her that she was the 'bestest little girl in the whole wide world" as that is what we used to say to her.  I know we were lucky to have her for 14 years but it wasn't long enough, we wanted her forever.

Like you Diane, I can't believe where the time has gone.  I can still remember so clearly bringing Sophie home on my knee in the car and calling in at OH's mum to show Sophie to her and Sophie weeing on her floor.  It is crystal clear.  I remember Sophie's first walk, the first coat I bought her, how she loved her first bed, everything. 

As you know we have Ellie now and I love her to bits and back again.  I remember saying to someone when I lost Sophie that I could never have another one as I would never love another one as much as I loved Sophie.  She told me to will, you will just love it differently and that so true.  I don't love Ellie more than I loved Sophie, and I didn't love Sophie more than I love Ellie, but it is different.

I am sure that Sophie, Poppy & Pebbles are all playing happily together at Rainbow Bridge and are all well again.  We will see them again one day, honestly we will.

Thinking of you and understand just what you mean.

Lots of love,

Gaynor.

Offline Snoo

• Clover, DOB 17/05/11
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 08:31:53 PM »
Aw, that's beautiful -  but you've gone and made my eyes water now.....
To know them is to love them.....

Offline maddy74

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 08:35:11 PM »
What an emotional post. Cant even think about something happening to Willow. Thinking of you all xxxx

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 08:39:08 PM »
Have tears streaming down my face reading through these posts, don't want to imagine Freya not being here  :'( Blubbing wreck, my heart goes out top you  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: is all I can offer xxxx

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 12:19:13 PM »
Oh, I feel for you.    Our gorgeous doglets come into our lives, and they are so special, so different.  There is no relationship quite like it.  Like you say they are devoted soul-mates.

I can still shed tears when I think of my first girl, Lily, she was my first cocker.   I have other beautiful cockers now, but I still pine for the one I lost.

Sending you lots of hugs. xxx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx