Author Topic: Really excited!!!!  (Read 3981 times)

Offline bobbylfc

Re: Really excited!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 02:19:37 PM »
Well everything was going well, was meant to be meeting her saturday after 3 weeks of talking to her and on Friday night she sent me a txt cancelling and saying she was going to keep her  :'(

On the bright side have found another girl looking for her forever home  :D and will be going visiting her on Sunday and watching her do a bit of flyball training. She is 2 years old and is a Springer x Cocker but looks very much like a cocker  :luv:

Hopefully her and Bobby will get along!
Natalie, Bobby & Tess

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 02:54:27 PM »
Oh thats a shame  :'(

Hope this new lead brings new a lovely new doggie  :luv:

There is a young sprocker female on the flyball forum at the moment - what age range are you looking for?

Good luck for Sunday  :D

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 03:11:35 PM »
Sorry it didn't work out - good luck in finding your new furry friend.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline bobbylfc

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 04:31:32 PM »
Oh thats a shame  :'(

Hope this new lead brings new a lovely new doggie  :luv:

There is a young sprocker female on the flyball forum at the moment - what age range are you looking for?

Good luck for Sunday  :D

That is the one  ;)
Natalie, Bobby & Tess

Offline DinkyDewi

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 08:05:36 PM »
Good luck with the newbie :)

Meeting on neutral ground is a must. We also took them both for a short walk together before letting them into the house together to reinforce their new found friendship.

Get ready for lots of play sessions!!! My boys are yet to tire of each other and it's almost been 6 months since Dewi arrived! :D

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 09:00:22 PM »
Good luck - let us know how it goes!
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 06:28:46 PM »
How did it go? Hope it went well x

Offline bobbylfc

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 11:48:04 AM »
She is with us and definately needs some help (and us!) She definately is not suitable for a pet home!!! With Bobby I always wondered why ppl said that workers shouldnt really go to pet homes as he is sooooo laid back but now I realise I was VERY lucky with him!

She has been with us since Sunday evening and only once last night for about half an hour did she settle! Her previous owner kept her in a garage all day and night with only 2 x 5 minute walks so she is very hyper! Hopefully it shouldnt take too long to wear her out so she starts to relax (fingers crossed) she is a much faster learner than Bobby ever was and learned to sit, lie down, and leave in 5 minutes!!! Think she would have made a fantastic working dog if the previous owners had put some work in but now she has a lot of issues that we will be working on.

Her good points are that she is brilliant on her lead and her house training has been brilliant so far! She is very loving and fab with children!

Bobby  :luv: her a little too much and is constantly trying to hump her   >:D (which he never has done before) and she is a saint with him although we are working on trying to distract him and giving him time outs which seem to be working so far  :D
Natalie, Bobby & Tess

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 11:53:38 AM »
C'mon then ...
What is she called?
And where are the picture? :D
steffxxx

Offline bobbylfc

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 11:56:04 AM »
Her name was Flo but in a strong Lancashire accent that sounded awful so we have changed it to Tess which she has already learned! Did want Jasmine but she definately did not suit! No pics yet as she is way to fast alls I get is a blur  :005:
Natalie, Bobby & Tess

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 11:58:37 AM »
Yay! Welcome Tess :D
(said in a strong manc/yorkshire accent!)
Well done to you for giving her
a new home :clapping:
steffxxx

Offline jasper_boy

• Jacob's Den
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2012, 09:26:44 PM »
Tess  :D can't wait to see pictures  :luv:

Offline supergirl

• Wonderful Indie
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 12:31:25 PM »
She is with us and definately needs some help (and us!) She definately is not suitable for a pet home!!! With Bobby I always wondered why ppl said that workers shouldnt really go to pet homes as he is sooooo laid back but now I realise I was VERY lucky with him!

She has been with us since Sunday evening and only once last night for about half an hour did she settle! Her previous owner kept her in a garage all day and night with only 2 x 5 minute walks so she is very hyper! Hopefully it shouldnt take too long to wear her out so she starts to relax (fingers crossed) she is a much faster learner than Bobby ever was and learned to sit, lie down, and leave in 5 minutes!!! Think she would have made a fantastic working dog if the previous owners had put some work in but now she has a lot of issues that we will be working on.

Her good points are that she is brilliant on her lead and her house training has been brilliant so far! She is very loving and fab with children!

Bobby  :luv: her a little too much and is constantly trying to hump her   >:D (which he never has done before) and she is a saint with him although we are working on trying to distract him and giving him time outs which seem to be working so far  :D

Am only just catching up - Natalie she sounds wonderful.  Wouldn't worry about the humping, Roly does it to all newcomers to our house and soon loses interest - think its just his way of saying welcome  :dunno:

Looking forward to meeting her at flyball over the summer as it sounds as she will be fab at it.
Misha, Ellie, Roly, Lexi (& Karen)

People who have dogs live longer - it's all the extra love