Author Topic: The dog that got the bacon….well in the end!!!  (Read 322 times)

Offline Doogers

• Donator
The dog that got the bacon….well in the end!!!
« on: April 03, 2012, 08:33:08 AM »
Had a lovely beach walk from Chalkwall to Leigh-on-Sea at weekend. Bumped into lots of other cockers including a beautiful 12 week old choc roan boy called Ozzy :luv:. As we were on the way back on the last stretch of the beach Indie went to investigate a couple sitting on a blanket. There were other dogs running around the couple so assumed one must be there's. After being fussed by the pair of them Indie's nose must have picked up an irresistible smell. The man was fishing for crabs and had put some bacon in a crab net. As soon as she located the net (which was attached to a line) the whole thing went in Indie's mouth. The man quickly jumped up and grabbed her. I ran over and luckily she let me open her mouth and the man managed to pull the whole thing out using the string. Not sure how far she had managed to get it down her throat! ph34r

Obviously I was really apologetic but the man was really good about it and even opened the net up and fed Indie the bacon!!

All's well that ends well…or something like that!! ;)

Asia 31/1/2002-24/1/2011

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
Re: The dog that got the bacon….well in the end!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 09:29:49 AM »
Mine go crazy at the smell of Bacon, it must smell so irresistible to them    :luv: :luv:

So glad the man was  understanding   :lol2:

and Indie got the spoils in the end  :005: :005:
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011