Author Topic: And then there were 2  (Read 1660 times)

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
Re: And then there were 2
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 04:30:37 PM »
She does look lovely, I agree with others. I would let her settle in before I looked at the weight issue. She is going to feel unsettled as it is without wondering were her food is. Good luck.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 05:47:15 PM »
I agree with the others about the food. If she's not getting the extras and you're gradually building up the exercise, she'll certainly shed some weight. When our old cavvie, Hamish, came to us, he'd had a similar story, being constantly fed food the children didn't want to eat. Consequently, he turned his nose up at dog food. We stuck it out and soon he was eating dog food twice a day like the other dogs. He never lost his taste for human food though and became a terrible bin- raider and would steal anything left within his reach, so we had to be very vigilant!

Love the name Lacey and she looks a gorgeous girlie. Enjoy her!

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 07:28:26 PM »
Congratulations  :cool4:  Lacey is just gorgeous  :luv:  Like everyone else, I think she will lose weight naturally with a decent diet and exercise, and it sounds like she is settling in really nicely.  Lovely  :D

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 07:36:37 PM »
Congratulations  :cool4:  Lacey is just gorgeous  :luv:  Like everyone else, I think she will lose weight naturally with a decent diet and exercise, and it sounds like she is settling in really nicely.  Lovely  :D

Ditto!
What a beautiful choccy roan girlie though  :luv:
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline LilahLoo

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 08:00:23 PM »
Nothing new to add but just wanted to wish you well.

Poor love she does look rather chunky  :lol: but in time I'm sure you'll get her in shape.

When I got Delilah she was still carrying weight from her last litter, but in time she developed a waist and increased her stamina for long walks.  She is never going to be a super model but I love her just the way she is  :005:

Offline Catie74

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 09:55:18 PM »
Well we have had a very busy day.  She was at the vet by 10am.  In general her health is very good.  No heart problems, no lumps or bumps, but bad tartar due to poor diet,.  She is quite a small cocker, smaller in height than Archie and he is quite small and she weighs........18kg :huh:

Back to the vet in a month to monitor weight and also have her vaccinations which have fallen behind.  She was microchipped today which stressed her out a little but she coped.  We then drove down to my mums and went to the fab pet shop near her.  They offer very good advice and she is on a turkey and brown rice kibble from the Natural Dog Food company.  There are no additives, it is just turkey and brown rice.  Very good food and they gave me free of charge a 1kg bag to see how she goes on it.  I also got a stag bar for her teeth.  We then went onto Farnham park where she had a good run about with Archie and Mums pup Ollie.  I guess she must have run for about 1hr and has had 1 half hr walk and one 20 minute walk on top of this.  She is now curled up in her bed snoring, hopefully dreaming of a happy healthy life ahead of her.  She is still a bit grouchy with the dogs but craves human love.  All in all I think the first 24hrs have gone very well

They only fed her dog food in the eve so this is what I have done today.  working on the suggested 135g of this kibble a day I put that in her bowl.  She has left some.  She is not greedy and does not bolt her food (watch and learn Archie)  This makes it all the more frustrating.  Of course she was going to accept pork pies and sausage etc but she was happy not to have it.
I will feed her 135g split between morning and evening feeds
We look forward to seeing everyone at Sussex in a few weeks and I hope that there will be a little less of Lacey then
I am already falling in love, she reminds me of Eeyore plodding about

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 09:59:29 PM »
So pleased to see things are going well, she is a beautiful girl  :luv:

Offline sueturnersmith

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 10:18:07 PM »
I'm so glad that everything is working out ok. She really enjoyed her run today, and she is a beautiful and loving dog  :luv:

Sue - Catherine's Mum