Author Topic: Grrrrrrr.  (Read 892 times)

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
Grrrrrrr.
« on: July 20, 2012, 07:43:05 PM »
I was at my Mums today when one of her neighbours popped in. Archie was his usual bad mannered self when she came in but with no baby gate or long line (which I use at home) it was almost impossible to get him to calm down. She wouldn't listen when I told her to fold her arms and turn her back on him, she kept pushing him with her hands and going down to his level which he thinks means playtime. I know I still have a long way to go on this one but its so hard when people wont listen to instructions in order to help me teach him how to behave. I had to shut him away in the kitchen in the end. When I came back I found them discussing the likely hood that he has serious behavioural issues because of his colour - he's orange roan.  :huh:  The neighbour was saying that the orange ones are "the worst" and did I know they could be "really aggressive" and that inbreeding has caused really bad problems. I guess shes spouting the old Rage Syndrome rubbish. My Mum was merrily agreeing with her even though she knows it's all garbage.  >:D >:D I tried to put them both right but I could tell the neighbour just wasn't prepared to listen. Sooooo angry. How can we get the right message across if people wont listen? Sorry. Just wanted to vent.

Offline karen488

Re: Grrrrrrr.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 07:46:43 PM »
I hate people ignoring me when I tell them to turn their backs  >:D 1 non dog owner told me that you can train them you know. Think I should train them to bite his bottom!  :o

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 07:49:41 PM »
I agree, it is very frustrating when people refuse to be trained how to behave with dogs and then try and blame the dog  >:D >:D

Stooopid woman  >:(

I would just steer clear of her - sounds like she is clueless  :-\  It would be nice if your mum backed you up though :dunno:
Julie and Watson

Offline JeffandAnnie

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 08:05:19 PM »
I would be grrr too  >:(  can't really advise how to respond as I would do it REALLY badly (i.e. be totally honest about how I felt - fine if you want to completely alienate your mum and her neighbour  ph34r)

Offline Darwin

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 08:38:19 PM »
I hate people ignoring me when I tell them to turn their backs  >:D 1 non dog owner told me that you can train them you know. Think I should train them to bite his bottom!  :o
;)

Offline Mrs JT

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 09:23:17 PM »
I'd have been annoyed too - especially as Saffy is also orange roan and she is more likely to give you too many cocker cuddles rather than show the least bit of aggression.   :D

Could your mum have a word with her neighbour to make sure she is well advised for potential future encounters??  Can understand why you were so annoyed. 

Offline fenby

• Donator
  • Harvey
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 10:56:25 PM »
I know just how you feel, Harvey is no trouble with OH and me, but when visitors come he is very friendley with everyone and can be abit of a nuisance till he has calmed down  >:D I tell everyone to ignore him, BUT they keep on encouraging him and making him excited. Then they have the nerve to say we have a badly behaved dog  >:(

b

Offline Dan

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 07:48:37 AM »
I have the same problems as you when people come in th house etc brodie gets so excited its hard to calm her down she does eventually but I don't have people talking crap I've never believed in different coloured dogs have different manners it's all about genes and training in my eyes!

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 08:32:38 AM »
I have this problem when out , a couple with an elderly shih tzu who we meet , the woman keeps letting them jump up and gives them treats then the man shouts really loudly DOWN , GET DOWN  >:D >:D , Bailey is quite a sensitive boy anyway and its getting really hard to not shout back at the man , which i normally would do but i dont think he thinks he is being a problem i think he just thinks i cant train them so he will do it for my  >:D , if your mums silly neighbour saw my orange roan boy and my chocolate boy tearing around the house leaping on the furniture and standing on their back legs play fighting like grizzly bears and my blue roan girl barking furiously at them to shut up
, she would think all of my three colours had behaviour issues  ;) :005: :005:, they dont have any issues at all apart from being greedy piggies by the way  :D :D
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy