Author Topic: Sudden Problems with feeding and emotions.  (Read 602 times)

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
Sudden Problems with feeding and emotions.
« on: July 20, 2012, 02:21:40 PM »
Hi Everyone.

My boys have done well with their eating from day one, and usually devour their feeds with great enthusiasm.

Suddenly, they are different doglets....they go into the hall, away from everyone, and totally ignore their food.

Is there something about getting to 3?  Are they going through a stage?   

Is it because there are a lot of 'in season bitches around?'

I am at the point of despair.   I feel like the mother of little ones again, panicking about feeding  :005:
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Ian Wright

• Grace
    • Cages
Re: Sudden Problems with feeding and emotions.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 02:51:17 PM »
Try not to worry they will eat when they are hungry Grace is all ways going of her food you never know they could be sensing  the good weather that is on its way  ;)
Amazing Grace Jalankiu    5/9/2009 18/5/2022

Offline Lily Freya

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 02:55:15 PM »
Try not to worry they will eat when they are hungry Grace is all ways going of her food you never know they could be sensing  the good weather that is on its way  ;)

Thanks Ian....I am such a worrier when it comes to food.  :luv:
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 03:03:37 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much Maureen... they won't starve themselves for sure.  But it might be as you say, bitches in season, might even be them reacting to a lot of changes of emotions from everyone.... you've all been through so much recently in terms of low's and now the excitement of the new little one.  Could just be catching up with them a little.  I wouldn't make a fuss about it with them, if they keep it up for a few days maybe try hand feeding them, but I'd leave them a while longer first. 
They do make us worry eh.... xx
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Lily Freya

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 03:27:58 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much Maureen... they won't starve themselves for sure.  But it might be as you say, bitches in season, might even be them reacting to a lot of changes of emotions from everyone.... you've all been through so much recently in terms of low's and now the excitement of the new little one.  Could just be catching up with them a little.  I wouldn't make a fuss about it with them, if they keep it up for a few days maybe try hand feeding them, but I'd leave them a while longer first. 
They do make us worry eh.... xx

thank you so much. Xxx