Author Topic: Crate size  (Read 499 times)

Offline Buzby

Crate size
« on: November 29, 2012, 12:12:48 PM »
  Okay, another question.... Hopefully I will be contribute answers too soon!!!   :o
I want to crate train our puppy (picking her up next week and not sure on the name yet!)
I can only get crate here that don't do a divider so I am looking for a crate that will see her target to adult hood ( I have bought a smaller basket to put in there when she is a puppy) I know the ideal size is for them to comfortably return around and stand up but not much bigger -' so what would that be? Adult size please
Thanks again!!!

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
Re: Crate size
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 12:59:11 PM »
I "think" Charlie's is a 36" - I'm sure that was the general consensus on here when I was reading. I did get him a 30" and whilst he could fit it wasn't comfortable in my eyes, the 36" is ideal though...
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »
I did get a 30 inch to begin with, but moved to a 36 inch when I saw how big he was becoming  :lol2:
Saying that its been in the attic for 3 months now  :o

Offline Buzby

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 01:06:34 PM »
We have to use one initially anyway as our house is on four floors and has an open plan staircase....  If she mastered the stairs early we could have problems :005:
I have kept our kids baby gates just in case!!!

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 01:10:54 PM »
I have never crated Charlie, I've only recently bought one to take to shows with us, so he could chill out - however he doesn't want to be in it and he'd rather sit on my knee - He'll happily sleep in it at home/hide in it when it's teeth brushing times :)

I just used a baby gate
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 01:13:17 PM »
30 inch crate for my cockers, both girls weigh about 12kg and....the crate fits in my car :D