Author Topic: Which blades do you use?  (Read 808 times)

Offline Marian

• Site Member
Which blades do you use?
« on: November 27, 2006, 08:32:16 PM »
I'm currently regularly clipping three cockers (one is my own, the others belong to friends). They all have their own quirky ways of accepting me cutting them, which is fine, but they all have the same problem of sensitive front paws.

Has anyone got any tips on how to deal with this?

Also, I'm using a #10 blade on their body (leaving the feathering in tact) and a #7 on their heads - are these the blades that you guys use?

I'd be really interested to hear your views.

Thanks

Marian
[IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f329/robinw48/dsc000685.jpg[IMG]

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: Which blades do you use?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 10:55:20 PM »
If you are happy with the results, then those are the blades for you! ;)

On my guys I use an 8.5 on the body and top of head, a 10 on the muzzle, cheeks and throat (Joy grows a Fu Manchu mustache and a fan in front of her eyes) and in "pits and bits". I actually like to use a 30 or 40 in the pads, if that is what you are talking about. Much less digging than a 10 blade when they have mats between the bottoms of their pads (and saves wear and tear on my 10s!)

I'm just a big fan of 8.5 blades, they give a nice smooth natural look and don't seem to make the coat wooly from continuous use.
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Marian

• Site Member
Re: Which blades do you use?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 06:29:15 PM »
Ah, I never thought of using the clippers for the bottom of this paws!! I just use scissors for that at the moment. I will try the clippers next time!

Thanks for the tip!
[IMG]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f329/robinw48/dsc000685.jpg[IMG]