Author Topic: Wish Me Luck - With Pics  (Read 2798 times)

Offline ladylola

• Donator
Re: Wish Me Luck - With Pics
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 10:46:55 PM »
Wouldn't say it's the best haircut. but he is lovely and if he is anything like my two he will be back to a firball in a couple of weeks. must admit though the desperation in you post really made me laugh.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 11:20:50 PM »
Sorry Caroline but my immediate thought was the same as Lisa's, what did she use to hack away at him?  :o

Remind me, who old is he?

Just looking at him and comparing him to how Barney looked when I did his first major "do" it doesn't look like his puppy coat is ready to come out on his back.  :-\ Or she's left it in and only cut it rather than take the dead coat out, like it will need. Have you tried to see yourself if its ready? If it is then I recommend you get a coat king, because even if you only use it to do the first mammoth puppy strip its worth the money!! You'll be amazed the difference that it will make even to him as he is now.

I think his tail is ok, Barney's is trimmed back, but if you don't like it don't worry it will be sprouting in no time!

Barney's coat grows at the rate of knots. He has a long grooming session every couple of weeks where almost everything needs attention. So fear not, you won't have long to wait. But you will have to prepare yourself to lose your hairy bear, now Barney's puppy coat has gone his coat is sleek and shiny but I think I love it more now! Though he'll probably be back to hairy bear once his castration effect kicks in.  :-\

Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 11:34:59 PM »
 :shades: Do you know what scissors/tools ? she used to do it Caroline? sorry but I would question her experience of cockers :-\ He's a gorgeous boy though you can't take that away from him  :luv: :luv: :-* :-* for  Hurley

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 08:13:43 AM »
I dont think he look's that bad!
How did they do the head? if your not showing him which i dont think you are maybe if you have to thinning siccors you could beld the chop with the rest of his head!
I think they've took a bit to much of the front legs.

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 09:58:16 AM »
Ah bless :D he is still gorgeous!

However she doesnt appear to have trimmed his throat/chest area very well? or blended his front legs shoulder area to the rest of his body, she is probably only used to trimming cockers with clippers and you threw her asking for him just to be thinned ph34r luckily it does grow back ;) give it 8-10 weeks and you will never know ;)

Michelle

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 12:45:17 PM »
I tried to tidy Sally up at the weekend and she has turned out a bit like that I think. I was pleased with my first attempt but would expect more if Id paid someone to do it. He is still absolutely stunning though so I wouldn't worry too much.  :luv:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline perrystell

• Site Member
    • Gunmoor Grooming
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 01:51:23 PM »
I don't think its that bad  :huh:  his head could do with a bit more off and i have a gripe with groomers that leave a great bushy chest n untidy throat but it could be a lot worse, from your comments I was expecting him to look like he'd gone through a shredder!  :005:

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2007, 02:37:12 PM »
Oh dear, he does look a bit sorry for himself doesn't he.  This is exactly why I had to learn to do my girls myself.  I have only got myself to blame then if things don't look quite right.  I think he could do with some more stripping out of his head (not cutting, it blends much better if you strip it) and as Craftysam said, half an hour with a coat king and he would look amazing.  You should have seen Barney before he was done.   :o (fluffball)  Afterwards, he was a propper dapper chap.  :luv:
It does grow very quick though, I did my two 22nd December and have just done them both again today, not the full works, but finished stripping their coats out, and trimmed feet, throat etc.   
If I were you I would get a coat king or try the comb and rubber band method, it worked on Amber's puppy fluff which wouldn't strip out by hand, came right out using the comb and she looks gorgeous now.  You can then just have his featherings, feet etc., trimmed by a groomer.

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2007, 03:46:55 PM »
Today I noticed that one ear is longer than the other!!! And his ears look really fluffy a bit like the 80's toy Poochie if anyone remembers it!!

AnnieM - I had been using a comb and rubber band for ages and stripping out what was ready on his back and side but she has just gone mental with some scissors by all accounts. I think I'll be investing in a coat king and just doing my best!

Hurley looks like he has had a fight with a lawnmower and lost. I think I am going to let it grow out as much as it can over the next 8 weeks or so and then take him to a proper groomers.
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline Letichia

• Site Member
  • Maverick
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 07:28:09 PM »
Aww He is a goreous cocker! :D His trim is not that bad.
Letichia, Lilly, Polo and Maverick x

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 10:01:43 PM »
 :005:

Sorry mate but those pics did make me chuckle - so did your comment about only a mother could love him  :lol:

Firstly is not THAT bad - the owners of the title 'Worst Cocker Haircut' are living with Gill - sorry Gill  ph34r 

Its not great but give it a couple of days to settle - not sure if you can with his leg - but maybe a bath and a brush would help a bit - maybe reduce some of the 'cut' lines

He is still gorgeous and also he doesn't know what he looks like - nor does he care  ;) and it wont be long before it starts to grow and you'll wonder what you got so worked up about.

Finally DONT go back to that groomer  :lol:
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline LouiseH

• Site Member
  • Lourisma Moon Quest
    • Lourisma Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 08:53:17 PM »
He is lovely, the trimming is not too bad.
I don't know why some groomers leave a hairy throat and loads of coat on the chest ::)

So you go back again in 6 weeks time  ;)

To be honest, the cockers I have that are not shown are clipped short, no whiskers, no top knots, nothing! But then I have time to strip my show dogs rather than spend hours dematting coat that shouldn't have been there in the first place!
Louise Harrison
Lourisma Cocker Spaniels

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2007, 12:22:53 PM »
he is  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline MaxG

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 09:29:57 PM »
Oh bless him - he's gorgeous - she HAS hacked away at him though - sorry!! I reckon you could have done better yourself - I'd take him somewhere else next time but don't panic - it'll literally only take a week or 2 till it starts to blend back in & then within another couple of weeks he'll be back to his glorious hairy self!!  :luv: :luv: :D
from Kath & 'Mad Max' !!