Author Topic: dirty knickerbockers  (Read 2195 times)

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
dirty knickerbockers
« on: December 28, 2003, 06:39:27 PM »
Hi Folks,

Recently Millie's inner knickerbockers on her back legs and the back knickerbockers along the backs of her hindlegs have been getting fluffier (typically not the fur on the front curve of her thigh (?) though! which is where she needs it)
Unfortunately this fluffiness means that when she squats to pee her fur just soaks it up - on her inner hindleg, back of her hindleg and also the fur kinda between her bum and her private benjamins, meaning she has piddly knickers!  :shock: This is understandably quite disgusting, smelly and embarassing  :oops:

Is this typical of a bitch with "show style" coat? Am I just not trimming it short enough? Short of washing herback legs and private benjamins after every piddle I am at a loss as to what to do. I mean I expect that she'd get a little damp, as its probably difficult not too having a furry bum and all  :lol: but Millie comes in literally dripping   :?  :oops:
Sorry for the visual imaginary  :twisted: if she was a boy I'd say she had poor aim..  :twisted: but as she isn't it must be my grooming "skill"  :wink:

Any thoughts? should it be shorter? does millie need squatting lessons??                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
dirty knickerbockers
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 06:56:55 PM »
Hi Kelly and Millie

Have you had a look at Michelle's photos on the trimming of the rear end, so you can see how much Millie has compared with the one in Michelle's pictures.  You wouldn't take Millie's as far back as the one in the picture but it will give you an idea.

I have the opposite as with Douglas he cocks his leg so high he ends up piddling on himself and nearly falling over  :wink:  :roll:                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
dirty knickerbockers
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 09:14:46 PM »
Oh goody! Another cocker smelling of wee :lol:  Thought Dallas was the only one :oops:  Not only do I have to contend with cleaning the feathering at his bits on a daily basis but he has a habit of sticking his head under Vegas while he squats :shock:  You can literally see the wee dripping off his ears :roll: You have no idea how many top to tail wipes I get through :wink:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
dirty knickerbockers
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 12:08:32 AM »
Oh yes!!!  Am I glad to hear that others have similar problems :lol:   Morgan began lifting his leg at about seven or eight months and ever since then he lifts his back leg and pees on the feathering on his front one :oops:  :?  :cry:   Unless he gets a hosing down every other day he reeks!!! :D   We weakened a while back and he often comes up onto the bed at night, but before he's allowed up - this is really sad - Eric puts baby powder on the feathering on his belly to make him smell better!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The things we do!!!  :?  :?  :roll:                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline PennyB

dirty knickerbockers
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 12:24:53 PM »
Oh yes!!!  Am I glad to hear that others have similar problems :lol:   Morgan began lifting his leg at about seven or eight months and ever since then he lifts his back leg and pees on the feathering on his front one :oops:  :?  :cry:   Unless he gets a hosing down every other day he reeks!!! :D   We weakened a while back and he often comes up onto the bed at night, but before he's allowed up - this is really sad - Eric puts baby powder on the feathering on his belly to make him smell better!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I sometimes use those non-scented baby wipes to wipe mine down (you'd think I had kids with all the nappy sacks and baby wipes in my house).                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
dirty knickerbockers
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2003, 03:41:57 PM »
We increasingly have this problem too with Daisy. She's quite light between her rear legs, and I've noticed her feathers there are starting to become a bit discoloured  :? I've always kept her quite neat and tidy in that region so that she resembles the picture Michele posted about what they should look like at the rear, so I was hoping to avoid problems like this :roll:  She's having a New year bath this evening, paying particular attention to this area, and maybe I'll just have to trim her even closer if it continues :lol:                    

Offline Michele

• Site Member
dirty knickerbockers
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2003, 05:16:04 PM »
- this is really sad - Eric puts baby powder on the feathering on his belly to make him smell better!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Not such a daft idea Shirley, I know quite a few 'show' people who use talc to freshen up their cockers undercarriage :wink: If applied and brushed out it should help between washes :D