Author Topic: Cocker Groomers Wigan Area  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Cocker Groomers Wigan Area
« on: May 02, 2004, 09:02:12 AM »
Does anyone know of a good Cocker groomer in the Wigan area?

I have used the same lady twice, however, a couple of people have commented to me this time that they do not think she looks right  :(  

She is a very nice lady but I think I would prefer to take her next time to someone with more experience in clipping Cockers.

Have to admit she does look a bit like a piglet - with pigs trotters for feet  :lol:  :lol:

Louise & Piglet x                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 09:07:17 AM »
Hi Louise, Emma takes Indie to Pet Paraphanalia in Burscough, to get Indie stripped.

Its on the old airfield. I dont think its that far from you.  :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 09:11:56 AM »
Thanks Barb - yes, I know exactly where that is and am a regular visitor there.                    

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004, 10:49:37 AM »
Hi Louise, Emma takes Indie to Pet Paraphanalia in Burscough, to get Indie stripped.

Its on the old airfield. I dont think its that far from you.  :D

I took Billy last time and he looked great :) It is a struggle round wigan lots of groomers but not many that are good with cockers.

Michelle                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 03:01:40 PM »
Hi Louise

They are pretty good at Pet Paraphernalia, the one thing I would say is that you make it clear exactly how you want Piper to look :wink:   I have started stripping Indie myself :D   However, when shes speyed may not be too easy so will be using someone that is willing to do Indie with thinning scissors :?                    

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 09:22:02 PM »
Hi everyone and thanks for your replies  :D   Sorry I did not reply sooner, but I had lost the thread  :?  but in hunting for it found lots of other places on the site that I never knew existed  :D  :D  

Unfortunately, I have now been on here two hours so I'd better get a move on as I  need to tidy the house up a bit  :(   Isn't it scarey how soon time passes when you are on this site??  Luckily Charlie's at work so no harrassment from him wanting to get on the 'puter  :lol:  :wink:

I've just read about you hand stripping Indie Emma - well done, I was very impressed.  I read lots of the grooming info on Sunday (whilst at work  :wink: ) and have ordered myself a 'coat king' and something else which I can't remember the name of at the minute!

I will definitely try Pet Paraphanalia, I go there quite a lot to pick up bits and bobs but had not realised that they did grooming as well.

As we all live so close I would love to  meet up for a walk (once Piper and Indie's seasons are over ) so probably towards the end of the month  :D

Thanks again, personal recommendation is worth a lot and I must endeavour to prevent Piper from looking like a piglet ever again  :oops:  :(  :D                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 10:04:23 PM »

As we all live so close I would love to  meet up for a walk (once Piper and Indie's seasons are over ) so probably towards the end of the month  :D

That would be really nice!