Author Topic: Grooming beginner!  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Louis

• Site Member
Grooming beginner!
« on: May 23, 2004, 02:41:35 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have been taking Louis to a cocker spaniel breeder to be groomed and I must say that they always make a good job of him.  I have had him groomed there a couple of times, but started to think about whether it was possible to do it myself :?  :?

I don't know where to start, I would like to get a proper table, but don't know where to get one from or how much they cost, I would obviously also need all of the other equipment :!:  :!:

Could anybody give me any advice on what I would need if I wanted to start grooming Louis myself.  I have looked at other threads for advice on how to groom, but I'am unsure about all of the equipment I need.

I will probably have to re-mortgage the house to buy it all :(  :(  but as long as my Louis looks handsome :lol:  :lol:
Thanks

Gemma& Louis                    

Offline Nat

• Site Member
    • http://www.crazycockers.homestead.com
Grooming beginner!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 03:00:52 PM »
Hi Gemma

You will be re-mortgaging the house, by the time you've finished !!

DeZyna Dog are very good and very reasonable., although im sure we all have our favourite suppliers for grooming equipment  :wink:

I started out with just getting the basics as its so overwhelming you will end up getting everything all at once !!

Straight cut scissors
Thinning scissors (straight one side and teeth on the other side)
Slicker Brush
Sprat 76 comb
I have a comb that has the swivel prongs but not sure what its called

Im sure there is a lot more you can get to start off and Im sure that the others will remember something ive not included  :D

For the grooming table, i got my (house) one from DeZyna dog and it was about £90 (including posting to Jersey)., its really sturdy.

Again there are all sorts of makes etc, but they are very helpfull ....                    
Nat

Simbarra Cocker Spaniels
www.crazycockers.homestead.com