Author Topic: Anti Tangle Spray - Does it work  (Read 5382 times)

Offline theshrew

Anti Tangle Spray - Does it work
« on: March 25, 2010, 01:16:17 PM »
Is it worth me getting some ?

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Anti Tangle Spray - Does it work
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 01:20:39 PM »
I use one that I spray on while they're still wet after a bath and I really notice the difference between when I remember it and when I forget, so yes, I reckon they work.

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 01:38:26 PM »
This stuff is amazing! http://www.technogroom.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?pName=best-shot-ultra-vitalizing-mist-472ml&cName=grooming-aids-and-finishers

I use it at the grooming shop and on my own dogs. I wouldn't be without it now! It has been the difference for some of my clients between needing to be clipped and saving the coat! :D
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline theshrew

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 04:54:42 PM »
Thanks for info that looks quite good then.

Couple of questions.

Do you use this after a shampoo or can you use it whenever you like ?

Do you no if its ok to use near children ?  I normally only brush Missy after my daughter has gone to bed but i wouldnt want her stroking her and putting her fingers in her mouth that might harm her if you no what i mean.

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 05:42:05 PM »
You can use it any time you like  :D Just a light misting, then brush. On really matted or tangled areas I spray it a bit more then leave it on for about 5 minutes or so, then brush.

I would assume it is harmless for children, it is harmless for dogs as they lick themselves   :blink:

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline amanda9586

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 05:53:21 PM »
Thanks for the recomendation I've just been off to order some as Poppy seems to get quite tangly these days so hopefully this will help!  :D

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 06:18:03 PM »
I was going to post this question myself.  Hattie seems to be getting more matted under her arms, so i will go and order some now.  Thanks
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline BeckyD

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 08:21:12 PM »
ther is a few good detanglers on this website, heres a link to one of them :)

http://www.christiesdirect.com/product.php?sp_p=844016
Life is only worth living when it is blidingly colourful and the occassional mess

Offline theshrew

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 03:58:55 PM »
Thanks for the advice

Offline waggytails

• Millie and Hattie
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 03:04:39 PM »
This stuff is amazing! http://www.technogroom.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?pName=best-shot-ultra-vitalizing-mist-472ml&cName=grooming-aids-and-finishers

I use it at the grooming shop and on my own dogs. I wouldn't be without it now! It has been the difference for some of my clients between needing to be clipped and saving the coat! :D

It arrived today, tried it on Hattie and it seems to work really well.  Only problem is she does not like to be sprayed, so i will have to work on that.  Thanks for the recommendation.  May even buy the shammpoo when i run out of what i have.
Mum to Hattie and Darcy

(Millie now forever playing on the beach,  RIP 06/03/2010)

Offline SuperCat

• Murphy
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 11:40:58 AM »
Hi have been looking on the techgroom website. Would anyone advise getting the cocker spaniel pack? Or any other products like shampoos. Murphy's shampoo is good, it makes him lovely and silky but he goes really static with it, and so more tangly. Would anyone recommend a good anti-static/detangling and conditioning shampoo which would make his coat look good for the ring. I've noticed some of these products can make his hair greasy... Is that too much to ask?!  :shades:
Crowned 'Biggest Hooligan of the day' Solid Colours Cocker Spaniel Association show 25/4/10.

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 03:18:31 PM »
Had a look at the cocker spaniel pack and yes, I would definitely recommend those products. I use those at the shop, as well as on my own dogs for everyday grooming, it's great for detangling and is also a great de-shedder! I do very much like the Best Shot line!  :D (The Mikki slicker and Resco comb are great too, I have a Resco comb that I've had since the wheel was invented  ph34r and it has absolutely no rust on it and has never lost any teeth! Top of the line!)

If you have static in the coat it means one (or both) of two things: the air is dry and or the shampoo is too drying for his coat.  ;)

Offline SuperCat

• Murphy
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 05:49:04 PM »
If you have static in the coat it means one (or both) of two things: the air is dry and or the shampoo is too drying for his coat.
That's really interesting. I did notice, when I lost his conditioner, I used Pantene Smooth and Silk conditioner after his shampoo(or something like that...!) on him his hair was lovely and soft and non-static but his ears went greasy. But then I found his conditioner and used it and his hair is quite static. Thanks for that.

Pleased I found this thread. Murphy is still going through the puppy-adult hair transition and with fly-away, static hair it's a nightmare. Thanks for the help Spaniel Crazy.
Crowned 'Biggest Hooligan of the day' Solid Colours Cocker Spaniel Association show 25/4/10.