Author Topic: our new baby!  (Read 1594 times)

Offline New girl

our new baby!
« on: April 12, 2015, 01:29:21 PM »
About a year ago I posted on here under the name of 'myolddarling'.  myolddarling was Millie our elderly cocker who tragically had cancer in her lower jaw.  Millie had to be put out of her obvious pain and this was one of the worse days of my life.  I swore I'd NEVER have another dog never mind a cocker, the pain of losing Millie was just too great!  NOW, one year and one month later I would like to introduce you all to Cassie!!!!!!  Cassie is 9 weeks old and is a working cocker.(Millie was a show girl) She is a sandy and white colour, and has been with us for four days!!  Already she has made herself at home and is clearly going to capture my heart just like her predecessor!  Night crying has been addressed with her going into her bed and being wrapped in a babies blanket! (Its a bit cold for this baby!!) She is eating well, and, unlike Millie seems fine with her cage! potentially a great bonus for us! So, fingers crossed we are all set for another X number of years of devotion!!   What persuaded me?  Well, my DH has recently joined the local Shoot as a Beater, and he really wanted a working Cocker to accompany him!! So what could I say!!!!  Our grown-up family are delighted with Cassie too, so a backup home is readily available! - at our age, you never know!!

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: our new baby!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 02:58:17 PM »
So happy to hear you have Casie, and yes she will capture your heart - they always do :luv:

I think so many of us think we will never have another dog at the time....but you realise you are not replacing them.  Each has their own character, their own individual personalities.

Welcome back

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 04:12:32 PM »
what lovely news, it sounds like casie is already very much at home.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 06:22:26 PM »
Welcome Cassie  :luv: I'm sure you will bring joy and happiness you all your new human family (not to mention the itsy teeny puncture marks in anything not metal, glass or stone  :005:)

Coral is just 11 weeks, also a wcs so will be fab to compare notes as they progress this year

Jayne

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 07:11:35 PM »
Welcome Cassie  :luv: Like you I swore never again having lost my last two close together, I felt like my world had ended.  Gave everything to charity, cleared the house and decision was made, apparently! But now we have Daisy, who has made the house busy again, covered in hair, toys and little bit of mud, but so much better.  Good for you, it is a tough call, and I hope you really enjoy Cassie, although I think that is a given reading your post.  :bigarmhug:

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 07:28:24 PM »
What lovely news. Looking forward to photos
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 08:19:59 PM »
what's that saying "never say never"  :D
 we beat on a shoot and decided a dog would make it more enjoyable. best thing we ever did.

welcome home Cassie  :luv:

ps we are getting over the hill but a cocker keeps you agile  :005:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 08:49:15 PM »
Welcome Cassie, how lovely for you, enjoy.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline New girl

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 06:37:59 AM »
Thank you all so much for your welcome,  Cassie is doing really well, sleeping round to 5 o'clock this morning, out for a wee, then back to bed! It is now 6.30, and she is having a game with her rope toy, probably killing it, while DH is making a cuppa.  Today I shall try a bit of 'sit, stay' and see how we go!!!  I Wii try and post a pic at some stage, and you can see our 'monster'!

Offline New girl

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 01:36:41 PM »
I think I am being a bit dim, but I can't seem to fathom out how to post a photo!!  Any help would be gladly received!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance.

Offline Jan D

• Roxy & Bobby
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 01:52:49 PM »
Hello and welcome to you and Cassie.

You first need to upload your photo to Photobucket and then you can copy the link from there. It's easy when you know how but can be fiddly the first time. There are instructions in the Photos section. Good luck - can't wait to see Cassie!
Roxy b.19.05.10  Bobby b.21.08.11
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs think I am.