Author Topic: Upset little Chap  (Read 535 times)

Offline Scott_Manley

Upset little Chap
« on: September 15, 2015, 09:38:31 AM »
Hi everyone,

After a bit of advise, Alfie is 13 weeks now and we're at the stage that when we leave him in his create or go upstairs he just cries at the stair gate (wee's) or howls the house down in his create!! He's worse with me than my wife or daughter but hes started to do it with them now!! We leave the radio on when we leave him with toys, Kong, treats still the same. I've recorded him with my Gopro when we've gone to work to see what hes like and for about 20mins he goes mental..!! 

I feed him in his create and hes now started to go off his food and not want to go in there to eat to the point where hes taking food out to eat it outside in case we lock him in which we've never done.. to get him to stay in there to eat it I've stayed at the door telling him hes a good boy etc which he likes and his tail starts to wag but I cant do that every time..???

At night he trots in no problem and doesn't make a noise until I come down in the morning so its not that he doesn't like it in there

thanks

Scott

'A Devil in a cute costume'

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: Upset little Chap
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 10:31:16 AM »

Did you introduce the crate gradually?  How long is he left for?
Crate training should, ideally, be a gradual process...  I had a fabulous DVD called "Crate Games" that really help cement Honey's crate as her safe place (that said, she still doesn't like to be confined during the day, or when we are elsewhere...). 

If you do a forum search on "Separation Anxiety" you should find many threads with some great advice on.
Good luck! :)
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020